Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022

dmillz25

this is the difference between the two outcomes. everything after this is gravy

the GFS has a much more amplified vort diving out of AK... this means that it travels slower and allows the TPV to get out ahead of it, leading to the two-piece solution

the ECMWF has it much flatter, which allows it to catch up and mingle with the TPV, leading to the farther W solution with very little confluence

which one is right? there really isn't a way to tell at this point, but we will know in the next 48 hours. I'm sure that we will see some EPS members that amp this up like the GFS and some that flatten it like the ECMWF, leading to considerable spread

ezgif-4-08d4bbe7f5.thumb.gif.84bc7479c26d1d591959cee90ba45112.gif

• Like 1

See you guys in January. It’s like dieting, but when you get on the scale, nada. December looks to be for naught, despite previous fantastical possibilities. I’m just hoping that this is not the start of a major climatological change for the east coast. 

happy holidays!

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, Rmine1 said:

See you guys in January. It’s like dieting, but when you get on the scale, nada. December looks to be for naught, despite previous fantastical possibilities. I’m just hoping that this is not the start of a major climatological change for the east coast. 

happy holidays!

The climatological change is something gradual.  We shouldn't even notice it (in an abrupt way).  More than likely we have already been experiencing it.  

7 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

this is the difference between the two outcomes. everything after this is gravy

the GFS has a much more amplified vort diving out of AK... this means that it travels slower and allows the TPV to get out ahead of it, leading to the two-piece solution

the ECMWF has it much flatter, which allows it to catch up and mingle with the TPV, leading to the farther W solution with very little confluence

which one is right? there really isn't a way to tell at this point, but we will know in the next 48 hours. I'm sure that we will see some EPS members that amp this up like the GFS and some that flatten it like the ECMWF, leading to considerable spread

ezgif-4-08d4bbe7f5.thumb.gif.84bc7479c26d1d591959cee90ba45112.gif

We need more posts like this with some actual insight...

• Like 2

I agree it's not great to be in the jackpot 7 days out but if the low was out halfway in the Atlantic I'd say we have a long way to go. Rarely do storms that are shown ramming into the great lakes end up trending to snow along or near I95 but realistically we are far enough out where I'd say give this another day before throwing in the towel.   

Just now, Winterweatherlover said:

The GFS didn't really cave in todays storm until 12 hours out so idk if I'd rely on that.  

I was only kidding but it will still eventually cave. This weeks storm isn't close to the differences in next week's. It was more thermal and nuances with topography, elevation, downsloping, etc. The differences in next week's storm are huge. 

Obviously this is a very dynamic pattern and storm we're dealing with. I don't think we should be getting bent out of shape for this one. 

We're probably gonna be flip flopping between all sorts of solutions between now and Tuesday. 

It's the weekend , let's forget the models , indulge in some weekend activities (:drunk:)

And get back to it Sunday. That's my plan at least. Fook them models. 

• Like 1