Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

That was kind of the trend at 12z. I find it hard to believe that shortwave is going to beef up enough to counter the pressing block.

Lmao…You found it hard to believe any snow, or winter type weather at all would be possible most all month, just a day or two ago.…funny how that works. Ginxy gonna rip your ticket!  

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Ended up with 1.43 over 4 in 10 days. Old swamp Yankee once told me winter doesn't take hold until the river banks are full. It's time

Checking the creeks running near bankfull on the way into work today all I could picture was Ginxy nodding along like Jeremiah Johnson.

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47tz6slb1hwiqpa0339

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

26 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Holy smokes…that’s the end of power for Xmas on that depiction..you ain’t kidding. 

Obviously an op that has been all over the place so its mostly posted in jest because I find it incredible that we've basically gone from punting December to the GFS showing multiple nuclear detonations over the region in the days before Christmas. The roller coaster is something else around here and I love it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Obviously an op that has been all over the place so its mostly posted in jest because I find it incredible that we've basically gone from punting December to the GFS showing multiple nuclear detonations over the region in the days before Christmas. The roller coaster is something else around here and I love it. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

It happened in 1997....I think 12/11/97 (ironic its almost the same exact date is this upcoming system)....part of S CT got 5-8" while pike got skunked. South of pike into N CT got like 2-5".

ORH prior to that had a 5" event in November, but hadn't gotten warning snows yet. They did get 18 inches though 12 days later on 12/23/97.

I remember the 12/11 system though because it was originally forecasted to be 3-6" for ORH and then in the final day they kept cutting amounts and settled on 1-3" and we actually got zero. About 10 miles south had 2-3". I remember seeing cars driving north into the city on 290 with snow all over them and it made me furious. :lol:

Wow, Will. Your memory never ceases to amaze.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Wow, Will. Your memory never ceases to amaze.

Funny part was when we whiffed on that event and then got nothing for another week, I was really bummed because I thought it cost us a white Xmas, but then 12/23 happened and all worries were buried under 18” in 6 hours. :lol:

Tip is correct that this was probably THE generational short term bust in our area (central to east-central MA). I don’t recall one prior to that or since then that was worse. We’ve had plenty of bad ones but nothing of that magnitude. The forecast was literally 1-3” at start time. I think a couple Mets saw the radar to the south and upped it to 3-5” pretty fast (I remember Todd Gross on WHDH that morning saying something like “there could be some surprises with this one” as it looks to be developing a lot faster than models showed.”)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hey ya 'all.   I have not been on the forms much lately.  Busy with other stuff.  I just happened to look at the crazy 18Z GFS Kuchera clown map through the whole run.  Can we lock in the 45-55" of snow for a good chunk of CNE/NNE?   Wake me up when we are within about 5 days or so.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 192713.jpg

• Haha 3