Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2022 OBS/DISC

40/70 Benchmark

18 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yesterday my PC told me if I am contemplating a booster I should now wait three or four months.  Said having Covid now will give me enough immunity through mid winter.

I just got it then out of convenience bc my work was offering it onsite and its mandatory by 12-1. I don't really care about any health benefit bc I'm not worried about covid.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yesterday my PC told me if I am contemplating a booster I should now wait three or four months.  Said having Covid now will give me enough immunity through mid winter.

I think most say that. I heard that too. I mean why get a booster right after you have Covid? 

I treat Covid like the flu now. Yeah I don’t want to get it, but if I do…oh well. I’m not worried. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SouthCoastMA said:

good to hear some PCs still using common sense

That’s the cdc recommendation.   3 months which is why I had to wait until past early October.  Truthfully I think prior covid gives more immunity than most think for up to 6 months.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I think most say that. I heard that too. I mean why get a booster right after you have Covid? 

I treat Covid like the flu now. Yeah I don’t want to get it, but if I do…oh well. I’m not worried. 

Why would anyone get any shot ? This is infuriating . For a freaking cold 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Hopefully, that sounds awesome.  Record maxes right now are still in the 70s here.  Record mins in the teens.

Today is a dream.  Left work early, grabbing the dog to go wander the mountains until it gets dark.

57/26 and full sun.

Hopefully you caught a good view of the sunset tonight.  Nice color over the Greens as I left the office.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why would anyone get any shot ? This is infuriating 

Ya..I didn’t get any of it…no co-morbidity’s and in good health, I was like no way I’m taking any vax.  

Got Covid back in January…felt like a very mild flu back then for a few days.  Lost my sense of smell right at the end of it…and didn’t get it back until late June(was a long hauler with that).  

But that’s just me. If you’re elderly and/or have compromised health, I can certainly understand the concern..it should be a personal choice and entirely up to the person.  Nobody should ever be mandated to get anything like that. 

I tested every week last fall for 5 months…due to my fefusal to get the vax, so my municipality said I needed to be tested weekly, and it was at no charge to me, I just had to go to a state testing location and test each week. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, tamarack said:

3rd Moderna booster last Friday, had the most shoulder soreness but not all that bad.  The #2 Shingrix stick - same day - in the opposite shoulder was worse, but still relatively minor.

I had that a couple of weeks ago. Didn’t even feel it where the needle went in. 

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why would anyone get any shot ? This is infuriating . For a freaking cold 

Let’s elevate it to flu.  But either way I’d rather not have one.  Sucks being sick.  But if I were nearing 50 vs nearing 76 I’m not sure I’d be as diligent.  All a matter of managing personal risk.  It shouldn’t infuriate anyone if we each make decisions based on our personal risk management with no effect on anyone else.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, I think all three doctors at that practice are giving the same advice. His feeling is people who had recent Covid have way more antibodies than boosters will give you.  

Just had covid a few weeks ago was going to head to south Carolina the day before glad I didn't.. had a temp of 102.5  aches and a pounding headache  but started feeling better the next day and was fine after a few days.. everyone at a reunion I went to ended up getting it 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, weathafella said:

Let’s elevate it to flu.  But either way I’d rather not have one.  Sucks being sick.  But if I were nearing 50 vs nearing 76 I’m not sure I’d be as diligent.  All a matter of managing personal risk.  It shouldn’t infuriate anyone if we each make decisions based on our personal risk management with no effect on anyone else.

Yep. Like I said, don’t want to get it, but will do what I can to avoid and that includes the shot. Not sure why ppl are idiots and turn it political. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1