• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2022 OBS/DISC

40/70 Benchmark

In non-weather news I am on day three of Covid.  Very odd experience. 24 hours of a slight scratchy throat and then waves of heavy fatigue, chills and headache.

No congestion, no fever still have taste and smell just want to sleep a lot which I have been doing.  It certainly has not been pleasant but I am doing OK and I’m about to take the dog on a walk in the sunshine.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

In non-weather news I am on day three of Covid.  Very odd experience. 24 hours of a slight scratchy throat and then waves of heavy fatigue, chills and headache.

No congestion, no fever still have taste and smell just want to sleep a lot which I have been doing.  It certainly has not been pleasant but I am doing OK and I’m about to take the dog on a walk in the sunshine.

Glad you're ok. The variants have mutated now so that most people have cold and flu like symptoms...but nothing severe. I had it in June and it was fairly mild. Just something we will live with like the cold and flu.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Glad you're ok. The variants have mutated now so that most people have cold and flu like symptoms...but nothing severe. I had it in June and it was fairly mild. Just something we will live with like the cold and flu.

I had in July and was lucky that I had basically zero effects other than a runny nose for half a day (why I tested ) and then after that a staycation from work for 10 days 

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Its the gift that keeps on giving.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Beer 

15 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I had in July and was lucky that I had basically zero effects other than a runny nose for half a day (why I tested ) and then after that a staycation from work for 10 days 

They have changed those guidelines. Now they’re saying people can go back to work, masked, five days after a positive test as long as symptoms are not acute.

Doctor also told me Covid is everywhere around here it’s just not reflected in state numbers because nobody goes to official testing sites anymore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’ve always said. You lose December .. you lose winter. Sure there’s 2016.. but it just makes things extremely short. To me , winter is ruined if Dec is bad 

I agree, it’s all because it’s truly the darkest month of the year and getting that nice white blanket with festivities really brightens the mood.

The problem with December is that it is statistically, from a climo standpoint, the easiest month to be punted by Mother Nature.  It’s the most likely month to fail of the Dec/Jan/Feb/March period in terms of snowfall.

Just now, powderfreak said:

I agree, it’s all because it’s truly the darkest month of the year and getting that nice white blanket with festivities really brightens the mood.

The problem with December is that it is statistically from a climo standpoint point the easiest month to be punted by Mother Nature.  It’s the most likely month to fail of the Dec/Jan/Feb/March period in terms of snowfall.

March has been pretty shitty of late, too.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

March has been pretty shitty of late, too.

Yeah of late, but I still think our region wide chances of a huge snowstorm climo wise is higher in March?

Need like December 2007 or 2008 or 2009 type months… weren’t those relatively good years?  Maybe not 2009?  

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah of late, but I still think our region wide chances of a huge snowstorm climo wise is higher in March?

Yeah March is easily more favored for a big dog storm....December is probably more favored for any type of small snow event (say, less than warning criteria)

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The problem with December is that it is statistically, from a climo standpoint, the easiest month to be punted by Mother Nature.  It’s the most likely month to fail of the Dec/Jan/Feb/March period in terms of snowfall.

Give me a snowy Tgiving to NY and I’d be happy . Even if the next two months weren’t wintry 

• Like 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I have been tanking ever since March 2018. Only really high end event I have had was 12/2019.

Yeah, you missed the brunt of the 5-6 hour blitz on 3/4/19....more of a generic warning event there.

You did get near-jackpot in the 2/1/21 storm, but that's prob the only one you'd done well in relative to the region since that early Dec 2019 storm.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah, you missed the brunt of the 5-6 hour blitz on 3/4/19....more of a generic warning event there.

You did get near-jackpot in the 2/1/21 storm, but that's prob the only one you'd done well in relative to the region since that early Dec 2019 storm.

I got like 15-16"....its border line, but I need closer to 20" to be high-end.

Great event, though.

Jack was around Wilmington with nearly 20".

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Give me a snowy Tgiving to NY and I’d be happy . Even if the next two months weren’t wintry 

Getting good permanent snow cover by Tday is extremely rare outside of NNE elevations.

Getting a white T-day isn't too hard but still uphill climb....prob like 20-25% shot in ORH and way less in BOS.

I think these are the White T-days in ORH in the past 4 decades:

1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 2002, 2005, 2014, 2018. Thats 8/37.

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Getting good permanent snow cover by Tday is extremely rare outside of NNE elevations.

Getting a white T-day isn't too hard but still uphill climb....prob like 20-25% shot in ORH and way less in BOS.

I think these are the White T-days in ORH in the past 4 decades:

1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 2002, 2005, 2014, 2018. Thats 8/37.

Oh I know it’s not common. That’s just how I’d draw it up. But I do truly believe we should be snowing from Dec 1 on . 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s nothing worse than those posts on Dec 17th.. “it’s still early and not Climo favored” “our snowy months are Jan and Feb”. Those posts are like nails on a chalkboard 

No.. no I will not accept that . I will not deal with that . It should be snowing in December .

- Wood

You need to move up to like central VT or NH at elevation for it to be normal to have plenty of snow already by mid-December. Or into NW MA or S VT big elevations with the buried bodies.

• Like 1