Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

6 hours ago, BrianW said:

Perfect timing for the Aug 1st rate increase.

The energy service rate for New Hampshire Electric Co-op will go up 77%, Liberty Utilities will jump 100% and Eversource's rate will rise by 112%.

Sweet! 
So essentially that means my electric bill is going to go up 112%?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The Euro at 00z pulls off the largest c500 mb height anomaly spatial layout out perhaps in years by this Friday and Saturday, encompassing everywhere S of 50 N ?   

71 F 18z Friday.   Ok -

Meanwhile, the GFS thinks it's late November with the power of polar jet it Neptune's across southern Canada...so much so that it ablates the heat's ability to get N without sanding it off by phantom fronts.   It was wrong about the 5 day heat wave because of that reason, and that thing happened in less ridging so there's very little confidence the GFS isn't just typically SPV happy.

So you don't think we should trust that 12z run that effectively ends summer on August 10th or so?  

26 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s been sniffing that timeframe though on several runs. We’ll see. 

My guess is it becomes a “mild down” like this past weekend.

Late this week is going to suck. It’s tough trying to keep the birds cool…a lot easier dealing with -15° than 95°. 

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

So you don't think we should trust that 12z run that effectively ends summer on August 10th or so?  

Not sure if this is sarcasm but either way... I agree.

It does this every year at this time - goes off the deep end and proffers skipping right over that pesky long slow grind of summer's end and its how about we jump right to Halloween - who's with me!

The thing is, the climate starts to cool off after the first week of August anyway.  So, the same way the model is overly amplified like 90% of anything it's physics is permitted to see beyond any given D7 ... it tries to do the same thing, but not with just events but the whole season once Augie roles around. 

It just annoys me that it can't do this the other way in April... when it holds on to winter and as soon as the D7 arrives, it looks like the chart may as well be Feb 15th. 

It goes along with it's over all wild cold stormy vibe it biases toward in the extended, in general.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I can see a big pattern change mid month. More of a Bermuda high moist muggy but cooler cloudy regime. Maybe some Bermuda blues days but all eyes on the tropics. Should be an interesting second half as we break the droughts back.

Agree... Also think the long slog back towards more frequent widespread rain events for SNE... It wouldn't be a flip the switch pattern change to a wetter pattern, but I'm encouraged by what I see in terms of rainfall trends down the road.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like a two ply pattern with that look. Should help with the drought as others have said. 

I use two ply in the morning
I use two ply at night
I use two ply in the afternoon
It makes me feel alright
I use two ply in time of peace
Two ply in time of war
I use two ply before I use two ply
And then I use some more

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I use two ply at night
It makes me feel alright
Two ply in time of war
And then I use some more

Many will be singing that despite the “weaker” sun making it feel not as bad. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

I use two ply at night
It makes me feel alright
Two ply in time of war
And then I use some more

UVM dorm room soundtrack flash-backs there… I was like that sounds very familiar, took a minute :lol:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, powderfreak said:

UVM dorm room soundtrack flash backs there… I was like that sounds very familiar, took a minute :lol:.

That was any VT college in the 90s. :lol:

The Sublime version was aight, but at LSC we always did the original. Need that video game verse or it isn’t the same.

• Haha 1