joxey
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

Let's go!

Highlights

* Slight risk for severe thunderstorms this afternoon for most of
  southern New England.

* Most likely hazard is damaging straight line wind gusts. Instances
  of large hail will be possible as well as an isolated tornado.

* Marginal risk for excessive rainfall and flash flooding. Greatest
  risk would be in urban and poor drainage areas.
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Doing that today for first time with my older daughter . Don’t like it 

Good luck Kevin, did that with my son yesterday. He's our second child, so it was our second time, it was not any easier than the first. When it was time to say good bye I handle it like ripping off a band-aid...a handshake, a hug, a few words, and then turnaround and go. 

Much easier as a kid than a parent, the way it should be.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, WalpoleJoe said:

Good luck Kevin, did that with my son yesterday. He's our second child, so it was our second time, it was not any easier than the first. When it was time to say good bye I handle it like ripping off a band-aid...a handshake, a hug, a few words, and then turnaround and go. 

Much easier as a kid than a parent, the way it should be.

Thanks Joe . Going to be sad . First time so you just don’t know exactly what to expect . Heading out in 15. 

Hope you guys get some rain today 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Thanks Joe . Going to be sad . First time so you just don’t know exactly what to expect . Heading out in 15. 

My oldest is 11, can't imagine the emotions you will be dealing with today. Best of luck to you and all those parents going through this over the next few weeks. 

3k looks great here, hopefully it is onto something, for once....we only picked up 0.37" this week, while just miles to my east had 3-5 inches.

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It will be tough for a short time.  15 minutes, 15 hours, or 15 days.   Everyone is different.   Then you will see how you helped raise an adult who has this (with a little help)

i was a bit sad when i went off to college, but in reality i could not get out of the house fast enough. Party Time!

then i was home for a weekend a few weeks later. unless they are going to a school really far away, they will be back for a visit before you know it. of course, they will be wicked hungover, and have enough dirty laundry to clothe a small village for mom to take care of.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Those eyes lol, looks like a sweet soul.

He is amazing. I just wish he got along with other dogs. He is probably the sweetest dog I've ever met. At night, especially in the winter he comes into bed and lays in the middle and tucks himself under the blankets and gets a spot on the pillow. 

Prior to my girlfriend moving to Springfield for law school, she grew up in Florida and went to college in Orlando. She had always wanted a dog and went to the animal shelter one day. Of all the dogs in the shelter, he was the only one to go right up to her and that's how she knew that was the dog. He had only been in the shelter for one day. He came in with a litter. I guess they were badly abused. But he was also attached by two unleashed dogs in Florida and she thinks that is why he is not good with other dogs. But I can't believe anyone would have abuse him (or animals). I wish those people could get the death penalty...seriously. Nothing makes me more upset than animal abuse.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Dammit.  Just discovered a huge wasp nest in Maple tree in front yard.  Gotta be about 18"h and 12"w.

I get one at least every year, I try and inspect the house weekly to get them before they get big. When they get big I get a can of wasp spray and wait til a cooler night and spray it, those cans shoot 30 feet and I usually dump the whole can on the nest and saturate it.

• Like 2