Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

9 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Decent fog earlier this morning but it has already burned off.     
That term always bugs me but I don’t have a better replacement

Could get a half inch of needed rain Monday

Good morning HH. Perhaps evaporates or thins. Burn off, seems to satisfy the sun worshipers. Stay well, as always ….

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Been an enjoyable one for sure.

90F here yesterday off 51F min.  Huge dry air diurnal swings.

Today looks like we pump some brief dews ahead of the shortwave.  No more 25% RH.

Yeah not too bad, although dews creeped up yesterday and more humid today for sure. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Interesting.  Yesterday was our driest with dews hitting the 40s like BOS on Friday.

We had dews mid 60s yesterday. As soon as winds go south, that’s gonna grab the moisture off the south coast this time of year. Friday was desert like for sure. 

4 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

With additional DP moving into the region the temperatures may be a tick or two traded downward over yesterday's highs.  

Doesn't look like ^ is working out as well as initially it looked.

I don't know were the DPs scheduled to crash this hard mid day?  BED sunk from 66 to 53 ... impressive. 

• Like 1

I haven't been in the region over the last week, but ... prior to that, for the longer haul of June thru mid Augu... I don't recall the DPs being very high - thus, not a very "humid" summer.  June was cooler than normal ( ...if by  relativity but I think it was in the scalar values), and July and so far August are even more so above normal in terms of absolute value. So, the summer as a whole is likely to end above normal in temperatures - that's easily measured. But there have been a lot of a 95 days with DP settling down to 58s.

It's tough to run aridity in the soils and then celebrate drought histrionics both concurrently within a DP rich environment.    Just a refresher course ...  DP is a thermodynamic temperature intrinsic with the presence of water.  Drought is the absence of that particular component.  

So, ... conceptually a humid summer is not supported;  pretty sure we'll find the DPs have not been anomalously high as well - but that's not a declaration. Just a guess  

• Like 1