• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

I know most will be happy to hear the daily Stowe rains are here.

Bone dry on the mountain but huge downpour for the village, and I’ve seen several cloud to ground bolts to the valley floor.

Doesn’t even rain on the mountain anymore, only to keep the village grass as green as possible.

4C8F2EC5-3C9C-4CBD-A45E-719A83BEB9A2.thumb.jpeg.ab66839e875187035b33cfc47f30269b.jpeg

87568582-0080-426E-8B40-4FDB9DD5A3EC.thumb.jpeg.941db6bd82b85d08b0431c5ce3d04674.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lemme ask you this .. if .. if.. if .. there were to be a 7/10 split screwzone .. where do you “envision” it being ? Tbliss area?

I envision this area as one of them. I feel like you have a decent shot of the meso low. Hopefully it’s more widespread. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I envision this area as one of them. I feel like you have a decent shot of the meso low. Hopefully it’s more widespread. 

My mental picture of qpf is NW Jersey up thru E NY , NW CT up to Hunch as 1-3” as Jack . I think everyone SE of there rains , probably in the .25-.50 range including this area . Probably one narrow screwgie under .25 east of the river to Cape 

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Lemme ask you this .. if .. if.. if .. there were to be a 7/10 split screwzone .. where do you “envision” it being ? Tbliss area?

Stein has you beaten down.  I can’t imagine you asking Will or Scooter this hypothetical in a winter storm.  You usually are wondering where the jackpot zone might be and how much.  Or where the highest wind damage will be… never wondering where the least damage might be.

Just now, powderfreak said:

Stein has you beaten down.  I can’t imagine you asking Will or Scooter this hypothetical in a winter storm.  You usually are wondering where the jackpot zone might be and how much.  Or where the highest wind damage will be… never wondering where the least damage might be.

Stein has DIT hog tied. What a shame. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Stein has DIT hog tied. What a shame. 

You know as I think about it, maybe trying to find the lack of rain is consistent with trying to find the most exciting weather/damage.  There is a vibe on here at times where it feels like folks are sort of rooting for dry because it’s more interesting.

A half inch of rain per week right now is like getting a 2.4” and a 3.8” snowfalls that melt immediately but ruins futility….everything is dead already, fires burning, everyone “worked so hard” for it, might as well secretly hope it continues and see how damaging it can get?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Until I’m looking out the window at pouring rains.. I am not going to think it’s going to be inches of rain coming like these guys are forecasting on here . I do hope like I did last week that they are correct . Maybe this one is it. These warm frontal setups like this love to favor the orographic areas from NW NJ to WNE up into S NH. That’s just how I envision it. I could see the Cape getting next to nothing. 

What do you think ? 

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Until I’m looking out the window at pouring rains.. I am not going to think it’s going to be inches of rain coming like these guys are forecasting on here . I do hope like I did last week that they are correct . Maybe this one is it. These warm frontal setups like this love to favor the orographic areas from NW NJ to WNE up into S NH. That’s just how I envision it. I could see the Cape getting next to nothing. 

What do you think ? 

It’s convection is what I think.  Someone gets 1-3” and someone gets a quarter inch. Haven’t looked at it to be honest.

Had some damage with that storm in town, heading home there’s some trees and wires down.  You know it’s Stowe because it’s Mass and NY plates, ha.

BE69A48E-0C42-494A-B0C4-D89E8695BF16.thumb.jpeg.0e53ea8740611ecbbeceefb04a7a88e3.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s convection is what I think.  Someone gets 1-3” and someone gets a quarter inch. Haven’t looked at it to be honest.

Had some damage with that storm in town, heading home there’s some trees and wires down.  You know it’s Stowe because it’s Mass and NY plates, ha.

BE69A48E-0C42-494A-B0C4-D89E8695BF16.thumb.jpeg.0e53ea8740611ecbbeceefb04a7a88e3.jpeg

Don’t even remember what a storm is . Last one was early or maybe mid Julorch 

• Like 1

Good!

"But not all hope is lost for this year’s colors, said foliage expert Jim Salge, who pens an annual forecast in Yankee Magazine. While droughts make the leaves turn earlier and quicker, “counterintuitively, it can create a really brief but bright and vibrant season,” Salge said