Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August Discussion/Obs

weatherwiz

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Freak and Dendy ganged up on him and he took his ball and went home. 

Brutal bullies.  He always says he hates when people get offended over small things, woke culture, man up, etc… but badger him about dew points and he has to go see a therapist.

Hoping he comes back and can get past the ribbing.

79/57

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

for some reason it feels hot to me today.   89/63 here as the average among home stations within a mile or two, which as you suggest, isn't the worst it could be exactly, but you know... I think it is the shear power of that pure unadulterated sun.  That may be the purest blue possible at this end of a any continent in a CC era - haha.  It really is instantly searing sun walking out there. Almost like the ambient light is so intense it is warming, not just the direct rays.  Yet the air T is 88  

I wonder if there's something to that.

Luckily we're only a week away from the solar transition 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Probably won’t see anything like it again. Prolific totals and we really didn’t even get much of a prolonged event either.

I say we’ll never see anything like that again, but I’ve said that a lot over the last 10+ years… 2010-11 14-15 and the blizzard last year 

Took a while to get you fully on board but when you did, you were a beast.

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I've seen it much windier, but not those rates for 6hrs.  Usually like you said it's more prolonged, but with lower rates. I always wondered how it would stack with less wind. We had quite a bit of wind until the near end. 

That was pretty insane for you and interior SE Mass. That was sustained 35-40+dbz echoes for hours on end. 

Ended up with a run of the mill 14"/15" storm here, but still had a fun couple hours near the end.

I have not paid too much attention to the next heat wave but just took a look. Wow.   Wasn't it a few days ago that tomorrow looked like one super hot day?  Now it seems the cold front will never make it into SNE until Tuesday or even Wednesday of next week.  Not just a plain 90F+ 5 day heat wave but everyday 95-100F.

The Euro for Bedford Mass  (the GFS is a couple of degrees cooler and brings down the  cool air faster next week)

Thur  100

Fri  102

Sat 97

Sun 97 

Mon 97

Tues 100

My question is...would this 6 day stretch of hot weather be some time of record if we take the highs and lows into consideration and average out the temperature over the whole period.  6 days in a row of near 100F each day has to be in contender for hottest stretch ever.  Thoughts?

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

If we did hit 100 here in CT, it’d be the first time in about 15-20 years we had a 100 in August. That’s impressive to me. 

Maybe in 2002?  We seldom reach even 90 here, only 18 days in 24+ years, but had a 3-day heat wave in August that year.

Enjoying the 80° day with mid 50s dews, probably the last of those until perhaps Tuesday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Brutal bullies.  He always says he hates when people get offended over small things, woke culture, man up, etc… but badger him about dew points and he has to go see a therapist.

Hoping he comes back and can get past the ribbing.

79/57

Projecting is dangerous. 

I hope these Friday rains make their way into sne. Nammy not looking good.

8 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Maybe in 2002?  We seldom reach even 90 here, only 18 days in 24+ years, but had a 3-day heat wave in August that year.

Enjoying the 80° day with mid 50s dews, probably the last of those until perhaps Tuesday.

I think it was 2001 for BDL and 2006 for HFD. 

38 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

I have not paid too much attention to the next heat wave but just took a look. Wow.   Wasn't it a few days ago that tomorrow looked like one super hot day?  Now it seems the cold front will never make it into SNE until Tuesday or even Wednesday of next week.  Not just a plain 90F+ 5 day heat wave but everyday 95-100F.

The Euro for Bedford Mass  (the GFS is a couple of degrees cooler and brings down the  cool air faster next week)

Thur  100

Fri  102

Sat 97

Sun 97 

Mon 97

Tues 100

My question is...would this 6 day stretch of hot weather be some time of record if we take the highs and lows into consideration and average out the temperature over the whole period.  6 days in a row of near 100F each day has to be in contender for hottest stretch ever.  Thoughts?

Those Fri/Sat numbers along this eastern end of rt 2 in N. Mass are quite suspect -

It may take place.. I'm not heavy handling you here lol.  no but the problem is, it's got a tiny geographical area immersed in near or at historic heat, and typically, ..those kind of numbers require a larger/regional synoptic support.  Friday at 18z the Euro surrounds this eastern MA region with a rampart of intense thunder storm activity, ...where's the outflow going?  I mean, that too. 

Yeah, it's inside of D4 and the Euro's pretty darn good in that range.  It's also had these intense heat island looks for two days - persistence.  It'll be a neat event if that verifies like that, though.  

As far as the latter days.. yeah, it's becoming perhaps apparent the GFS was selling it's tendency to go out and kill heat - we'll see. It may take a few days to break this down.  The Euro refuses to back off the WAR ridge retrograding W, that's more been there than not.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Latest Euro. The models have been very consistent with a Stein'ein forcefield over eastern NE over the next 5 days, or its just that front hangs up too far west.  Maybe someone gets lucky, at the localized level. 

image.png.dcdd31139c546bddd534b3d614e678b6.png

Wet run overall. Holding true.

38 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Thur  100

Fri  102

Sat 97

Sun 97 

Mon 97

Tues 100

1911 beats this. But those numbers also need to verify first.

• Like 2