Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

5 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It has been an absolutely awesome late spring/early summer though.  One BN day mixed in with a bunch of AN… we don’t enjoy cold rain but if the trade off is once in a while this for weeks of 70s… it’s not a bad trade.

24 of the last 33 days have had highs >70F despite the average high on June 9th being only 72F.  It’s still early in the warm season, average highs are just above 70F right now and we’ve done it for a month now.

I could be misremembering.. but I would swear I’ve seen at least several posts where you’ve been complaining about rain and cold and winter pattern in summer over the last few weeks. 

. Am I misremembering? 
Do you get those days with strong E coast ridging and no troughing? 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I could be misremembering.. but I would swear I’ve seen at least several posts where you’ve been complaining about rain and cold and winter pattern in summer over the last few weeks. 

. Am I misremembering? 

Too much…beer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

45 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

And I’ll cite another example.. last week you had all the EMATT folks complaining about a week of clouds, no sun and cool.. while areas west of 495 had sun and summer . Yet today .. those same EMATT were saying best summer ever.. coc ks everywhere including across cheeks..Yet .. if you go back to their posts last week.. it was all complaints. 

Again.. you don’t get that in a hot and muggy east coast pattern. It’s so ridiculous when you look at the posts. Most in the know just snicker 

We've definitely had more crappy days here in E NH than CT. Some good ones too, but even after today I'm still slightly BN in June. My high over the first 3 days of the month was only 62. We also got doored when CT hit the mid-90s. 

8 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

We've definitely had more crappy days here in E NH than CT. Some good ones too, but even after today I'm still slightly BN in June. My high over the first 3 days of the month was only 62. We also got doored when CT hit the mid-90s. 

Yeah that dirty N Atlantic Ocean is a beast. I always say .. if you are a summer /warm wx fan.. you’ve got to move as far away from it as possible. Great example .. you’ve got Scooter craving heat and dews .. yet he lives on the beach in S . Wey .  Can’t have both 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, powderfreak said:

Awful day up here.  This is what no one wants.

50s and steady synoptic rain.  Hate being stuck inside.

53F outside the office and 42F at the picnic tables.

I think you’re forgetting about ineedsnow and Mitch. Sounds like it was the stuff their dreams are made of. Meanwhile, I’m out in Iowa at a conference and it couldn’t have been nicer today. I think it touched 80° briefly with blue skies. 

3 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

. Am I misremembering? 

I’m honestly not sure I follow what you are asking here.

Complaining about winter pattern in summer over the last few weeks?  This year? Past years? Summer hasn’t started.

Do we get days with ridging and no troughing? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You’re the one who’s confused all the time. Now you’re ‘misremembering’, we’re concerned. 

At times, Clemens struggled to find the right words as he was pressed by lawmakers. Clemens said Pettitte "misremembers" things. He mispronounced McNamee's name at one point. Toward the end, Clemens raised his voice to interrupt Waxman's closing remarks. The chairman pounded his gavel and said, "Excuse me, but this is not your time to argue with me

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah that dirty N Atlantic Ocean is a beast. I always say .. if you are a summer /warm wx fan.. you’ve got to move as far away from it as possible. Great example .. you’ve got Scooter craving heat and dews .. yet he lives on the beach in S . Wey .  Can’t have both 

We do both. 
Nice evening back at home. 

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

At times, Clemens struggled to find the right words as he was pressed by lawmakers. Clemens said Pettitte "misremembers" things. He mispronounced McNamee's name at one point. Toward the end, Clemens raised his voice to interrupt Waxman's closing remarks. The chairman pounded his gavel and said, "Excuse me, but this is not your time to argue with me

Lol. The roid era was baseball at it’s best.

• Haha 1

What a cold crappy day yesterday was at my conference in Burlington.   Rain, 59*.  Oy.  Still better than HHH but not by much.

Eager to blow out of here later this morning.....should be getting some casts in by 2:00 at Pit2.  Great weekend ahead.  Fishing, chainsaws, and some lawn projects.  What a ombo.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

What a cold crappy day yesterday was at my conference in Burlington.   Rain, 59*.  Oy.  Still better than HHH but not by much.

Eager to blow out of here later this morning.....should be getting some casts in by 2:00 at Pit2.  Great weekend ahead.  Fishing, chainsaws, and some lawn projects.  What a ombo.

Beautiful day yesterday here. Today stacks up. Top tenner

• Like 2