Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

6 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Don’t you remember those hot days as a kid?? How much fun they were? 

Honest to god those were the best days. I hated that when I was in my 20s and 30s, but now that I see how much fun my kids have in the summer heat.....it reminds me of my days. I enjoy the warmth. 

I hate to say it, but I agree with Kevin here. I’ve changed and I embrace the swamp ass.

So do you keep the kids inside when it's in the 70s and with comfortable dew points? "Come on kids, it's not hot out let's play some video games."

45 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Most folks feel like we do . Sure you’ve got a few oddballs that like cold sweatshirt weather in summer and mornings like this, but in the grand scheme most want hear and humidity. I.e.. seasons in seasons 

Absolutely stunning morning. Crisp cool  dry air will warm to near 80 with the sun hot. Desert type weather, we dry. 44⁰ low

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Man do we nee rain. Lawns starting to torch. Thursday might have some storms . Doesn’t look like a lot though 

There are chances over the next 8 days.

The operational runs ( Euro/GFS/GGEM), as anyone can see ..carry two chances in the synoptic evolution for substantive rain:  Thur/Fri ...then again Sun/Mon.  ... All models also carry a whisky front through late Tuesday ..unclear what that will do. Probably a broken line of convection but not pervasive enough to mention here.

The EPS mean likes Thursday for laying down total approaching 1" across CT/RI and SE/E Mass, pretty much right where the greatest deficits currently are.

The latter possibility on Sunday is interesting ( from a pure Meteorological perspective not likely shared by the bored consensus in here LOL ), having to do with whether the max in +PNAP fosters an actual coastal storm.  It's been showing up ..sometimes more commital to actual cool side, NE flow with rain ball rolling up ... Other times, it more convectively modulating with a low more up over NYS ... This time of year probably favors the latter...but, the whole of it is uncertain as half the weight of all esn and operationals are 50/50 strength and layout. It's D7.5 so give that time. 

In any event, we're dry through Thursday, then we get some chances at maintenance rain.  At least we're not looking at a dearth way out there.

2 hours ago, kdxken said:

So do you keep the kids inside when it's in the 70s and with comfortable dew points? "Come on kids, it's not hot out let's play some video games."

The kids are encouraged to exit the house for Fun outside (peace and quiet Inside ) unless their is a Cat 2 plus 

• Like 1

Man that 5-10 day looks like great temps . Couple low pressures taking mid winter tracks and we just bask in low dews and mild weather till then and In their wake after and Lawns should get a drink When the LP pass thru  . This should confuse some but they will come to terms with it by trumping up some future dangerous heat or something 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL of course not. Hey those days can be welcomed after a hot stretch. 

Multiple instances of child abuse this morning. Kids fishing with their dads,some tossing the baseball around. I even saw one father riding bikes with his kids.

The really sad part about it is they'll have no memory of it because they're wearing a sweatshirt.

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Man that 5-10 day looks like great temps . Couple low pressures taking mid winter tracks and we just bask in low dews and mild weather till then and In their wake after and Lawns should get a drink When the LP pass thru  . This should confuse some but they will come to terms with it by trumping up some future dangerous heat or something 

Actually there isn’t anything showing anything like that 

• Weenie 1

33 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Multiple instances of child abuse this morning. Kids fishing with their dads,some tossing the baseball around. I even saw one father riding bikes with his kids.

The really sad part about it is they'll have no memory of it because they're wearing a sweatshirt.

Fishing with sweat shirts and ponchos in the drizzle. What summer memories are made of. 

It’s a beautiful day.  But I do have a memory of being 5 years old and my parents took me on a cape vacation in early June.  My brother was too young so he and my grandmother stayed home in NNJ.  

All I wanted to do was swim but it was too cold and dank.  

33 minutes ago, weathafella said:

It’s a beautiful day.  But I do have a memory of being 5 years old and my parents took me on a cape vacation in early June.  My brother was too young so he and my grandmother stayed home in NNJ.  

All I wanted to do was swim but it was too cold and dank.  

Early childhood trauma. May explain the few folks that like hot and humid weather. I wonder if torch tiger and dit had similar experiences? 

13 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Don’t you remember those hot days as a kid?? How much fun they were? 

Honest to god those were the best days. I hated that when I was in my 20s and 30s, but now that I see how much fun my kids have in the summer heat.....it reminds me of my days. I enjoy the warmth. 

I hate to say it, but I agree with Kevin here. I’ve changed and I embrace the swamp ass.

I also enjoy the heat waves and stretches of 2-3 days at a time where you are like wow, this is hot.

I definitely enjoy those more than I used to but for what NNE outdoor activities are in summer, unless you are sailing on Lake Champlain there’s a lot more fun to be had at like 82/55.

Luckily we can all have our preferences and it isn’t 90F every day from May to October.

6 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Most folks feel like we do . Sure you’ve got a few oddballs that like cold sweatshirt weather in summer and mornings like this, but in the grand scheme most want hear and humidity. I.e.. seasons in seasons 

Honestly this weather the last week or two feels like it couldn’t be anymore seasons in seasons.  Haven’t checked any departures though.

We get hot and humid in August and September these days, lol.  Feels like late May and early June are about as they should be… seasons in season. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

Early childhood trauma. May explain the few folks that like hot and humid weather. I wonder if torch tiger and dit had similar experiences? 

A year later they sent me to this day camp-circa summer of 1953.   A torrential rainstorm for 3 days ended up with mud turning the lake brown.  Cool wet summer.  No thank you.   

• Like 1