Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Warm and humid at Disney. Warm evening with Tippy CU and kids playing in pool as summer should be. Not singing around a camp fire in Carhatts and a sweat shirt. 

Enjoy! It was horrible up here today. Bluebirds skies, temperature in the low 70s with dew points in the fifties. We managed...

20220604_171228.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

Warm and humid at Disney. Warm evening with Tippy CU and kids playing in pool as summer should be. Not singing around a camp fire in Carhatts and a sweat shirt. 

Is it summer? :lol:

It was a terrible day up here though. No one should be subjected to the horrors of awesome outdoor activities like golf, hiking, mountain biking, kids playing kickball, softball and lax games, etc.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, kdxken said:

Enjoy! It was horrible up here today. Bluebirds skies, temperature in the low 70s with dew points in the fifties. We managed...

20220604_171228.jpg

Sometimes you feel for the kids who aren’t allowed to play outside if it doesn’t involve a pool.  Just looking out the window as little Timmy skates by on rollerblades to the neighborhood street hockey game.  They look the other direction and see a basketball game going on street side with their buddies from the school bus.

Poor kids just yearning to go outside and enjoy the warm season activities but instead are kept inside until it’s hot and humid enough to swim somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kdxken said:

20220604_171228.jpg

Summer memories are made with warm sultry nights with the parents hanging out late and kids doing things like late swimming. Not with temps plummeting at night as they make s’mores with winter coats and ski hats.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Sometimes you feel for the kids who aren’t allowed to play outside if it doesn’t involve a pool.  Just looking out the window as little Timmy skates by on rollerblades to the neighborhood street hockey game.  They look the other direction and see a basketball game going on street side with their buddies from the school bus.

Poor kids just yearning to go outside and enjoy the warm season activities but instead are kept inside until it’s hot and humid enough to swim somewhere.

All the good memories are made from hanging out extra late in the warm muggy evenings with fire flies trying to be caught, pool or beach, or even the sprinkler as the adults sit back and have a good time. 
Nobody remembers the day little john had to wear a sweat shirt as he roller blades down rt 108 from 10-10:30 before it rained for the rest of the day in Stowe. 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

All the good memories are made from hanging out extra late in the warm muggy evenings with fire flies trying to be caught, pool or beach, or even the sprinkler as the adults sit back and have a good time. 
Nobody remembers the day little john had to wear a sweat shirt as he roller blades down rt 108 from 10-10:30 before it rained for the rest of the day in Stowe. 

Love it ha.  Enjoy Disney… your kids will remember that for a long time. That experience is supposed to be hot and humid with water parks, pools, etc.  Florida has the summer vibe.

21 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Love it ha.  Enjoy Disney… your kids will remember that for a long time. That experience is supposed to be hot and humid with water parks, pools, etc.  Florida has the summer vibe.

We do that in SNE too. Maybe not the extent of FL obviously, but man we’ve had some warm summers lately.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

One thing we be can bet on, summers are becoming a pain for ACATT. Embrace AGW.

It is becoming warmer, we’ve tipped it that way.  Many installing A/C where it was rare.  There are a lot of days that are comfortable, but more and more are torching.  Today was not one of them though.  For those solidly into the humid bubble in the means, it makes sense to embrace it fully.  It’ll come up here.

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It is becoming warmer, we’ve tipped it that way.  Many installing A/C where it was rare.  There are a lot of days that are comfortable, but more and more are torching.  Today was not one of them though.  For those solidly into the humid bubble in the means, it makes sense to embrace it fully.  It’ll come up here.

Don’t you remember those hot days as a kid?? How much fun they were? 

Honest to god those were the best days. I hated that when I was in my 20s and 30s, but now that I see how much fun my kids have in the summer heat.....it reminds me of my days. I enjoy the warmth. 

I hate to say it, but I agree with Kevin here. I’ve changed and I embrace the swamp ass.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Don’t you remember those hot days as a kid?? How much fun they were? 

Honest to god those were the best days. I hated that when I was in my 20s and 30s, but now that I see how much fun my kids have in the summer heat.....it reminds me of my days. I enjoy the warmth. 

I hate to say it, but I agree with Kevin here. I’ve changed and I embrace the swamp ass.

Completely agree!  If all we wanted was comfort we’d hate winter.