Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

NAM’d at 18z. Nice 8-12 incher for ORH county. 

It would be fun if it happened because it would melt in a day or two and trees aren’t nearly leafed enough to cause many issues.

I wouldn’t really expect anything in the valley but even a sloppy inch or two would be novel.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It would be fun if it happened because it would melt in a day or two and trees aren’t nearly leafed enough to cause many issues.

I wouldn’t really expect anything in the valley but even a sloppy inch or two would be novel.

Yeah I’m tossing that solution for now but I’m hoping it verifies. Much rather have a bit of sloppy snow than a 40F rainstorm. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, tamarack said:

At best (or worst depending on one's viewpoint), cut amounts in half on the blue and by 1/4 for the higher numbers except maybe the reds - ain't gonna be 10:1 for most.

I’d take it even further. You can prob even cut amounts by 60-80% in the blues…and more like 40-50% in the pinks/reds lower than 1500 feet elevation. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I’d take it even further. You can prob even cut amounts by 60-80% in the blues…and more like 40-50% in the pinks/reds lower than 1500 feet elevation. 

I’d remove all of it from the Hudson to Champlain Valleys, and CT River too, ha.

This is where it gets to mesoscale model range and those snow maps on 3km NAM look like a topographic map from 1500ft on up.

Just now, powderfreak said:

I’d remove all of it from the Hudson to Champlain Valleys, and CT River too, ha.

This is where it gets to mesoscale model range and those snow maps on 3km NAM look like a topographic map from 1500ft on up.

Yeah down below 200 feet you can prob just completely eliminate accumulations. Esp if outside the CCB intense banding. If you are under that, then I could see a few sloppy inches at 33-34F. But this isn’t a typical setup for late season snows. The ageo flow is too much out of the east. The antecedent airmass is pretty good though so can’t discount it altogether…esp in the interior elevations that are halfway decent with CAD. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah down below 200 feet you can prob just completely eliminate accumulations. Esp if outside the CCB intense banding. If you are under that, then I could see a few sloppy inches at 33-34F. But this isn’t a typical setup for late season snows. The ageo flow is too much out of the east. The antecedent airmass is pretty good though so can’t discount it altogether…esp in the interior elevations that are halfway decent with CAD. 

No such thing as too much east flow in Randolph, I don't think?