Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

42 minutes ago, psv88 said:

NYC is 76 now, had a high of 79. 

hit 81 down here on Long Island 

GYX hourly readings have NYC only 61 at 4 PM, while BDL is 77 and PHI reporting 83, this latter from another source.  Someone playing tricks on the Central Park instruments while LGA/JFK bake?
Drizzly 45 here, April at its worst. 

5 minutes ago, tamarack said:

GYX hourly readings have NYC only 61 at 4 PM, while BDL is 77 and PHI reporting 83, this latter from another source.  Someone playing tricks on the Central Park instruments while LGA/JFK bake?
Drizzly 45 here, April at its worst. 

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lon=-73.97451787255704&lat=40.776979750119864#.YliKwcjMJPY

What are you using for NYC? Central Park or LGA?

55 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I really miss that PDfamily wx site and their mesomap.

Yea I don't know what happened to it. One day the data just quit working and it never got fixed after that.

One thing that still takes a bit to get used to here vs NE is how low the dewpoints can crash after a frontal passage. The other day when the ridge that had us in the 90s for a few days began migrating to the east coast, we had a frontal passage that took the dewpoint from low 40s to 5 below zero. It was startling how cold it felt, even though it was in the upper 60s, it was light jacket weather. I always figured that once you hit the 30s in dewpoints it was diminishing returns for how it affected the perception of warmth.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saguaro said:

Yea I don't know what happened to it. One day the data just quit working and it never got fixed after that.

One thing that still takes a bit to get used to here vs NE is how low the dewpoints can crash after a frontal passage. The other day when the ridge that had us in the 90s for a few days began migrating to the east coast, we had a frontal passage that took the dewpoint from low 40s to 5 below zero. It was startling how cold it felt, even though it was in the upper 60s, it was light jacket weather. I always figured that once you hit the 30s in dewpoints it was diminishing returns for how it affected the perception of warmth.

I'm probably mixing things up, thought the person who ran the site was hit by the 6/11 tornado

• Confused 1