Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You and your clowns . All cold till the very end. 
Just honking each other’s noses 

Just posting what the model puts out, sorry to offend your sensibilities Mr sensy

You would totally be on board for what happened in Bismarck 3 feet snow 20 to 30 ft drifts. Current temp.

20220416_091406.jpg

18 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Just posting what the model puts out, sorry to offend your sensibilities Mr sensy

You would totally be on board for what happened in Bismarck 3 feet snow 20 to 30 ft drifts. Current temp.

20220416_091406.jpg

I’d take the snow and hate two weeks of January temps in a warm wx month . Do not want it out of season. Snow yes. Cold no .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jbenedet said:

Feeling pretty damn good about giving the grass the first mulch cut and planting >50% of the garden vegetables yesterday. Will likely do another 25% today. 

Frost danger goes through the end of the month for your area.  The farmers around here have put nothing in the ground yet.

• Like 1

So... there seems the underpinning gripe-memes for the day, no spring snow event? 

If so... meh. It really had lower odds of actually materializing.  Sure, it's not zero.   I mean..folks will claim they knew that and intellectually, they probably did. But they did not covet that belief.  They latched onto the NAM's NW bias as still plausible on some level, ignoring the bias.  That, and how it was only backed by the GGEM.  Time of year and how models, in general, tend to over cool mid range as a spring error ...  etc.   No hope would have been more apropos. Then, we wait to be pleasantly surprised. 

It's tough to do that, I know, when folks have evolved a kind of emotional/'joy circuitry' turned on by in particularly, [the anticipation period], prior to a modeled event that features... whatever weather they want. In this case, snow. 

As an aside, I believe fully it is connected to that same sociological phenomenon covered in the "Social Dilemma" (NETFLIX), ...I think back in 2018. Similar phenomenon.. only here, the stimulation trigger is the models' creating storm cinemas via lucid access with media technology at people's disposal.  The engineers of IOS have come out and admitted the psychotropic entrapment was the goal and how it works(ed).  Fascinating -

That's all sounds heavily clinical sounding ...maybe even damning, but it's not all that either.  It's really about 'tendencies' to do so

Personally I'm lucky. I think I experience similar triggers from scoping out heat waves and other summer phenomenon, just the same. 

Speaking of which... how about the 00z Euro and GFS toward next weekend?  It's -NAO emerging on the eastern limb of the domain region up there.  Which in tandem with a modestly negative PNA ...I'm wondering if as the time nears, these operational runs are positioning the super synoptics more in favor of an eastern warm up - emerging in time.  If the -NAO repositions more W ...the jig is up and we'll go the other way hard probably.  Unlike last Decemeber, the present circumstance would find us influenced by a much weaker Pacific jet coming underneath from the W.  We'd probably end up with troughing/cut-offs in the area.  But if the -NAO stays more easterly limb, then westerlies may correct N over the eastern contenent - it seems to be trending that way.  

Seems also like we've been dealt reverses like a game.  No sooner does one make model observation of tendency, the next model runs seem to deliberately go out of their way to mock the effort.  

14 hours ago, SnoSki14 said:

Not unusual. April has always been huge for Maine

1st half yes, 2nd half naso much.  Since the Farmington co-op moved to its current location (July 1966), April 1-15 has average 5.12" and 16-30 only 1.30".  During that time there have been nearly 20 storms 6" for 1-15, topped by 20.0" on 3-5/75, while only 4 in 16-30, with 11.0" on 18-19/67 being tops and no others bigger than 7".  In the 21st century (2001 on) the averages are 4.32" and 0.89" with just the 6.5" of 28-29/02 reaching the 6" mark. 

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Frost danger goes through the end of the month for your area.  The farmers around here have put nothing in the ground yet.

I don’t radiate well—on a hill here. Also I believe this time of the year is great to start—many days of cool rain and less pests. So long as you can avoid the frost it’s a good risk/reward bet.

Species matter of course...

...you ain't growing cucumbers now - no way.   Tomatoes might survive, but that particular vegetable has bad recovery after having been stressed early in growth..  If you plant in marginal temps, they may stunt later in life.

There's a ton of lettuce, herb and legumes that are cool preferential, however..  In fact, you can season those varieties, rotate the earth/fertilize and still season staples like cukes and toms.  

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

So... there seems the underpinning gripe-memes for the day, no spring snow event? 

If so... meh. It really had lower odds of actually materializing.  Sure, it's not zero.   I mean..folks will claim they knew that and intellectually, they probably did. But they did not covet that belief.  They latched onto the NAM's NW bias as still plausible on some level, ignoring the bias.  That, and how it was only backed by the GGEM.  Time of year and how models, in general, tend to over cool mid range as a spring error ...  etc.   No hope would have been more apropos. Then, we wait to be pleasantly surprised. 

It's tough to do that, I know, when folks have evolved a kind of emotional/'joy circuitry' turned on by in particularly, [the anticipation period], prior to a modeled event that features... whatever weather they want. In this case, snow. 

As an aside, I believe fully it is connected to that same sociological phenomenon covered in the "Social Dilemma" (NETFLIX), ...I think back in 2018. Similar phenomenon.. only here, the stimulation trigger is the models' creating storm cinemas via lucid access with media technology at people's disposal.  The engineers of IOS have come out and admitted the psychotropic entrapment was the goal and how it works(ed).  Fascinating -

That's all sounds heavily clinical sounding ...maybe even damning, but it's not all that either.  It's really about 'tendencies' to do so

Personally I'm lucky. I think I experience similar triggers from scoping out heat waves and other summer phenomenon, just the same. 

Speaking of which... how about the 00z Euro and GFS toward next weekend?  It's -NAO emerging on the eastern limb of the domain region up there.  Which in tandem with a modestly negative PNA ...I'm wondering if as the time nears, these operational runs are positioning the super synoptics more in favor of an eastern warm up - emerging in time.  If the -NAO repositions more W ...the jig is up and we'll go the other way hard probably.  Unlike last Decemeber, the present circumstance would find us influenced by a much weaker Pacific jet coming underneath from the W.  We'd probably end up with troughing/cut-offs in the area.  But if the -NAO stays more easterly limb, then westerlies may correct N over the eastern contenent - it seems to be trending that way.  

Seems also like we've been dealt reverses like a game.  No sooner does one make model observation of tendency, the next model runs seem to deliberately go out of their way to mock the effort.  

Don’t worry, when DIT is pulling in 3-5” of cement he’ll say he was knew it was coming all along. 

2 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Or another reason. It can and will snow in April like the previous 2 years.