Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

28 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

There will be I was surprised posts

If one gets under a CCB or deform band yeah, but 925 temps don’t scream valley snow with moderate precip rates.  If precip rates are tipping 0.1-0.2”/hr that can definitely lower snow levels for sure.

1000-1500ft is a fairly regular level of demarcation.

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah Randolph seems to do well in these. Should be a miserable day in Gorham while it pastes up on the hill. LOL

Yeah as we always talk about, 1500ft is usually a magic line around these parts in shoulder season.

White rain at my house while plows clear paste a few miles up the road at the office.  Those days are funny, leave work with a thick stack of snow caked on the SUV and park it in the driveway with no snow to be seen.

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

We hope. Want nothing to do with anything close to cat paws unless it’s historical.

I don’t see the problem with snow instead of cold rain. It’s going to melt in like 4 hours. No leaf out yet so no tree damage either. 

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It will and it won’t.  It’ll be elevation dependent.  Will it rain to the picnic tables?

Yeah it’s not raining above 1500-2000 feet there unless it’s for like 15 minutes at the beginning. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I don’t see the problem with snow instead of cold rain. It’s going to melt in like 4 hours. No leaf out yet so no tree damage either. 

It’s more than likely half inch of slop would be the ceiling if it were to be favorable around here. I’m just done with the cold days. 

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

It’s more than likely half inch of slop would be the ceiling if it were to be favorable around here. I’m just done with the cold days. 

Yeah I hear you…but since it’s going to be cold regardless, I’ll take a little snow. 

I’ll take snow anytime of the year actually. Lol….I love the October snows when they happen and late spring snows.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Asheville NC is looking better and better to me.

It’s worse when it’s like 4-6 weeks of winter with a nuclear wasteland for months outside of that. And then Ray complains for half that because he got 12” instead or 16”.  I know my climo, but just saying.

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I hear you…but since it’s going to be cold regardless, I’ll take a little snow. 

I’ll take snow anytime of the year actually. Lol….I love the October snows when they happen and late spring snows.

If it’s more than an inch I’ll go for

it. That gets into rare territory. 

A week of the flu has me feeling like Jack Nicholas in The Shining so pardon my venting. 

10 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Dave may be an interesting spot I guess. Still seems like anything sexy is above 1500’. 

Also needs to track more like 18z NAM and not over BOS for anyone east of buried bodies territory in SNE/S CNE if we’re talking more than a couple inches on the front end.

Once you get up into northern Cheshire county it becomes a little easier.