• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

Indexes say we bust into an open warm continent mid month ... 'mentioned this the other day.

Operational versions don't wanna bite.  Particularly the GFS - jesus.  But I've bitched about this model in the past, amply .. and how it holds onto blue hydrostatic heights and winter, in any range beyond D 7,  usually until the 4th of July ...at which time it gives us 10 days of summer, before it starts bringing frost and grauple air masses across the Lakes to the 300+ hour runs.  

Sarcasm aside... either the operational runs will start to cave, or the telecons will modulate away from a neutral NAO/-PNA 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

In general a regionwide near ratter 

You can almost envision a future where we lose the nickel and dime storms that the interior capitalizes on and instead we need to rely on those big coastals for most of our seasonal accumulations, and as a result a more homogenous distribution of snowfall where coastal SE Mass averages about the same as NE CT. 

• Weenie 2

Just now, SouthCoastMA said:

You can almost envision a future where we lose the nickel and dime storms that the interior capitalizes on and instead we need to rely on those big coastals for most of our seasonal accumulations, and as a result a more homogenous distribution of snowfall where coastal SE Mass averages about the same as NE CT. 

Not almost, definitely can envision that.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

I think most folks envision seasons where SE MA goes snowless with warming ocean 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah ORH could get some Sunday too. Might be too warm but it wouldn’t be shocking either if they latently cool enough at 1000 feet to get a quick half inch or something. 

4 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, I saw that.
I guess I was more referring to the fact that neither Boston nor Worcester are seeing snow again until November.

Nah,we'll get many blizzards according to george

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Better late then never. How's the snow stake?

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

A groomer went up there to spotlight it this morning… a few inches under 5 feet.

B4FB2B46-6A89-4C97-B6BE-8237900AF0C3.thumb.jpeg.476d3f29bc81272082768faf540fdf38.jpeg

I had just shy of 2” of dense rimed snow at home.  Looked white. Wind-blown 3-4” at 1500ft.

• Like 2