Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April Pattern/obs thread.

weathafella

1 hour ago, SouthCoastMA said:

As long as the sun's out April is typically fine. 

This morning with the cloudcover it felt like a typical rhea type day with temps in the 40's, sans the rain. 

Add some sunshine and it became a fairly nice day with temps in the 50's under warming sun. 

Mm... there's personal preference to that statement - it doesn't apply to all.  

I've seen open cobalt blue skies at 44 F with strong NE wind on the coast ... in MAY - if it can suck donkey ballz that big in May, April is definitely a piece of shit in the sun sometimes. 

Just sayn'  ...I admit today is a beaut, and tomorrow likely too - but these are not really 'normal' in this particular calendar space. 

Speaking of which ... next Tuesday on the Euro and GGEM looks like utopia on tap.

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Mm... there's personal preference to that statement - it doesn't apply to all.  

I've seen open cobalt blue skies at 44 F with strong NE wind on the coast ... in MAY - if it can suck donkey ballz that big in May, April is definitely a piece of shit in the sun sometimes. 

Just sayn'  ...I admit today is a beaut, and tomorrow likely too - but these are not really 'normal' in this particular calendar space. 

Speaking of which ... next Tuesday on the Euro and GGEM looks like utopia on tap.

Euro would prob be upper 70s to maybe low 80s if that verified. I’m bracing for the two by four to the back of the head though…waiting for that BDF to show up. But it would be a welcome several days if it doesn’t. 

I remember mid April 2002 very well…think we busted out like 3 or 4 consecutive 85-90F days. It was a true taste of summer. April 2009 did as well though maybe a day shorter in duration. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro would prob be upper 70s to maybe low 80s if that verified. I’m bracing for the two by four to the back of the head though…waiting for that BDF to show up. But it would be a welcome several days if it doesn’t. 

I remember mid April 2002 very well…think we busted out like 3 or 4 consecutive 85-90F days. It was a true taste of summer. April 2009 did as well though maybe a day shorter in duration. 

2002 went on to be a hot summer.....2009 did not lol

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah... who was I mentioning this too - can't remember.   But there's probably like 1::12 or 1::9 type of return rate on median passable Aprils, otherwise, the more common rendition falls beneath whatever 'median' is in this context - so some subjectivity to that.  I don't think 3 days nicking 70, while the other 20 some odd days are < 60 ... ass loads of cold rain...  NE wind days ... putrid car top slush, saves any face for example. 

I've just been wilted too many times. I'm not going to stick the flower of optimism out there ever again for this piece of shit climate anus that seems to shit in your bed in direct deliberate proportion to said optimism.  Like I said last page or two ago, you count on the BDF screwing it up, whether it is on the model or not, in a scenario like that next week.  Then, it's a daily elimination game to remove having one occur, day by day. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

So instead of 75-80 like next week, it’s 60-67. What’s wrong with that in Napril?

Whatever ...stop trying set the table, dude. 

If a BD comes through, it's 42 and slate gray skies clear to NYC.   LOL   c'mon man.

• Haha 3