joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/12 Event: Winters Last Hurrah at Least East of Mountains

Weather Will

15 minutes ago, TSSN+ said:

Also In Lwx disco 

Snow Squall Warnings may be needed to the
east of the mountains tomorrow afternoon into tomorrow evening.
These snow squalls may produce brief whiteout conditions along
with high winds, making travel treacherous.

2 blizzards on the same day? That's A LOT of blizzarding!

Man, I tell you what, this Friday just keeps gettin better. Might have to get some cold cuts 

• Like 3
  • Haha 8
  • Weenie 2

The one weekend I am not at the house due to a swim meet, going north to southern PA and will most likely see less snow. Taking a lot of mental effort not to abandon the championship meet and go back home. 

I missed plenty of events for swim/water polo. It always stings but you’ll get over it - I’m sure you won’t abandon your team but I’d definitely advise against it! Feel free to vent to me though, I’ve been there.

46 minutes ago, Ji said:

so they chose a winter weather advisory--but blizzard warning was considered. Thats like someone going to Ruth Chris steak house and ordering the filet of fish sandwhich

Funny, but since you do important FB forecasting for soccer moms, I am sure you aren't conflating here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

4 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

The one weekend I am not at the house due to a swim meet, going north to southern PA and will most likely see less snow. Taking a lot of mental effort not to abandon the championship meet and go back home. 

Where in Southern PA? My guess is you'll do just as good if not better where your Meet is.

1 minute ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I thought you were in Charlottesville 

I'm home for Spring Break for the week -- seems like my odds of something cool might be better in Arlington so I stuck it out for the weekend too. We'll see. After this May I graduate then my name will make sense most of the year again, unless I live in the snow hellhole that is DC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stormtracker said:

SV is a joke, lol

We all know the faults and biases of WxBell but at least they do seem to use the most sophisticated snow accumulation algorithms available and they calculate it hourly when hourly data is available. The SV maps seem to calculate using less sophisticated metrics and can be way off when it’s a borderline setup where calculating 1-2 hours wrong or misplacing the snow/ice/rain line a bit can have a huge difference. 

3 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I'm home for Spring Break for the week -- seems like my odds of something cool might be better in Arlington so I stuck it out for the weekend too. We'll see. After this May I graduate then my name will make sense most of the year again, unless I live in the snow hellhole that is DC

You don’t have to move back.