The combination of moderate to heavy snowfall and very high
winds could produce localized near blizzard conditions tomorrow
morning, making conditions very hazardous for travel. A Blizzard
Warning was considered, but confidence wasn`t high enough in the
quarter mile visibility requirement being met for three hours
straight. Brief snowfall rates of 1-2 inches per hour can`t be
ruled out for within the aforementioned intense frontogenetic
snowfall band tomorrow morning. The greatest opportunity for
this to occur in the metro areas would be between 8 and 11 AM.
Steady snow will gradually wind down from west to east during
the early to middle portions of tomorrow afternoon.

so they chose a winter weather advisory--but blizzard warning was considered. Thats like someone going to Ruth Chris steak house and ordering the filet of fish sandwhich

• Like 3
  • Haha 14

3 minutes ago, Ji said:

so they chose a winter weather advisory--but blizzard warning was considered. Thats like someone going to Ruth Chris steak house and ordering the filet of fish sandwhich

The problem with the blizzard warning is that most people outside of our group don’t know what that means and assume it’s 2 feet of snow.  But I agree they could’ve gone with the winter storm warning…. Maybe they’re not that confident and it probably won’t reach 5 inches Maybe they’re not that confident and it probably won’t reach 5 inches who knows who knows

4 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

The problem with the blizzard warning is that most people outside of our group don’t know what that means and assume it’s 2 feet of snow.  But I agree they could’ve gone with the winter storm warning…. Maybe they’re not that confident and it probably won’t reach 5 inches Maybe they’re not that confident and it probably won’t reach 5 inches who knows who knows

if you issue a winter storm warning and we get 4 inches...nobody will care. And it happens all the time. But when you issue a winter weather advisory after considering a blizzard warning and most models are showing 4-6 inches of of snow..it dosent make any sense.

just give me my damn winter storm warning!

• Weenie 2

4 minutes ago, Ji said:

if you issue a winter storm warning and we get 4 inches...nobody will care. And it happens all the time. But when you issue a winter weather advisory after considering a blizzard warning and most models are showing 4-6 inches of of snow..it dosent make any sense.

just give me my damn winter storm warning!

They can always upgrade.  It’s a slippery slope for them.

• Like 2

I know a lot of folks either focus on far NW areas or the immediate metro areas….but keep in mind that the area of best lift often occurs by the rain/snow line. Highly possible the jackpot ends up being somewhere between Winchester and Baltimore or DC. MoCo & HoCo could be in a prime position as far as being cold enough for snow and far enough SE for more intense precip. Fairly confident someone is going to successfully walk that tight rope and see 6-8 out of this.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I’m thinking 1/2” to 1” with slushy accumulation on grass. For everyone else.

I have to stick to my 6-8” call for here. Made days ago!!! Which people laughed at!!!! Lol

finally--a non cape storm

• Haha 1

Just now, IronTy said:

There's gonna be a lot of slow singing and flower bringing when this event disappoints.   It's over.  

80% of the fun is the digital snow maps and speculation. Pretty wild that after 80 degrees sunday we talking about a blizzard

15 minutes ago, jayyy said:

I know a lot of folks either focus on far NW areas or the immediate metro areas….but keep in mind that the area of best lift often occurs by the rain/snow line. Highly possible the jackpot ends up being somewhere between Winchester and Baltimore or DC. MoCo & HoCo could be in a prime position as far as being cold enough for snow and far enough SE for more intense precip. Fairly confident someone is going to successfully walk that tight rope and see 6-8 out of this.  

You rang?

• Like 2
  • Weenie 2