• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/12 Event: Winters Last Hurrah at Least East of Mountains

Weather Will

The heaviest snow is gonna come down to the timing of the cold push. Faster equals farther east, slower farther west. That low is really blowing up though. I wonder if it that happens a little sooner what things might look like. Might hold the front up a bit is my guess but I don’t know enough to say.

38 minutes ago, H2O said:

She did say y’all can get what you hope for. I’m on her side with this. Gimme nice warm spring weather

We are getting it. Starting Monday. This might be fun in the meantime. No reason to shit on it.  It's gonna be cold for two days with that front anyway - why not go for legit snow with it rather than puddles icing over?

• Like 1

I haven't been paying attention at all, so this is a nice surprise. As mentioned above...it's going to be cold anyway, so might as well get some snow with it before we spring up next week!

To all my fellow beer geeks, this is looking like a nice reason to crack a big barrel-aged stout or two early on in the day...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

The heaviest snow is gonna come down to the timing of the cold push. Faster equals farther east, slower farther west. That low is really blowing up though. I wonder if it that happens a little sooner what things might look like. Might hold the front up a bit is my guess but I don’t know enough to say.

Ive been mostly out on this event. But it looks like I am going to be wrong again. The part that interests me is the winds. NWS calling for gusts to 55 out here with heavy snow. Literal blizzard would be a nice way to end the winter. 

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

3k NAM with ~4 hours of 1"+ rates at DCA with 30-40mph wind gusts... really could be a fun one. I'd think the depth map is an underestimate.

Webp-net-gifmaker-1.gif

Do you have this for west virginia Alleghany front? Including upslope? Trying to decide if it's worth it to make 1 more ski trip to timberline 

44 minutes ago, ChesterfieldVa80 said:

Do you have this for west virginia Alleghany front? Including upslope? Trying to decide if it's worth it to make 1 more ski trip to timberline 

Wind is gonna be awful. You really wanna be on a lift when a 50-60 mph gust comes?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1