• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Banter 2022

George BM

Ravens sign Morgan Moses, a solid move after signing Marcus Williams. He will presumably replace Villanueva at RT, so a definite upgrade. They filled 2 major areas of need in FA, and now have a lot of flexibility heading into the draft, with 9 picks in the first 4 rounds .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CAPE said:

Ravens sign Morgan Moses, a solid move after signing Marcus Williams. He will presumably replace Villanueva at RT, so a definite upgrade. They filled 2 major areas of need in FA, and now have a lot of flexibility heading into the draft, with 9 picks in the first 4 rounds .

Nice. Still think O-line needs help, but they’ve got to get some pass rush. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Nice. Still think O-line needs help, but they’ve got to get some pass rush. 

Still work to be done, but 9 picks gives them options, and the draft class is pretty deep overall in their areas of need. They might not be done in FA either, but any additional signing will probably be the more typical shop for value to add depth without breaking the bank type deal.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CAPE said:

The math is necessary if one wants a profound understanding of how the physical world works. Ofc that's not for everyone.

I was teaching process control theory today to a diverse group(mathematically), and when I put up a slide depicting a simple system with a first order response in Laplace notation, the reactions ranged from 'that looks Greek' to 'yeah I remember seeing that once'. I have a bag of tricks for teaching the concepts even for those who are somewhat math deficient.

68vbjv.jpg.62e249af09030918d01ceaa8f88db43a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, vastateofmind said:

68vbjv.jpg.62e249af09030918d01ceaa8f88db43a.jpg

Yo that was me with math in high school...Somehow x always ended up equaling square...lol 

I mean I Literally had an overall math class's average of 64.5...by the last month of senior year. Principal took pity on me and said "write a paragrah on a mathematician and we'll give you the extra .5" Lol

• Haha 1

So kid went into surgery around 9 this morning. And went into recovery at 10:19. Stone was blasted with a laser and large pieces removed. The rest of the smaller pieces will just flush out on their own. Our stay in the PED ER was made comfortable with some awesome nurses and Dr.‘s. And she had a very awesome Urologist who did not treat her like a little kid. Her OR team again was fantastic! Really cannot say anything bad about her experience. We are waiting on discharge currently. I am knackered. Still running on adrenaline but wanting to take a nice long hot shower. 

Thanks to you all here for letting me talk about my day yesterday. Life just again goes to show us that we do not have control and that we just need to take the good with the bad. Kid will be sore for a few days and out of school till next Wednesday. 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

So kid went into surgery around 9 this morning. And went into recovery at 10:19. Stone was blasted with a laser and large pieces removed. The rest of the smaller pieces will just flush out on their own. Our stay in the PED ER was made comfortable with some awesome nurses and Dr.‘s. And she had a very awesome Urologist who did not treat her like a little kid. Her OR team again was fantastic! Really cannot say anything bad about her experience. We are waiting on discharge currently. I am knackered. Still running on adrenaline but wanting to take a nice long hot shower. 

Thanks to you all here for letting me talk about my day yesterday. Life just again goes to show us that we do not have control and that we just need to take the good with the bad. Kid will be sore for a few days and out of school till next Wednesday. 

Glad to hear it went well and she's on her way to feeling better! 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CAPE said:

3 major FA signings filling areas of need. The Ravens have the draft capital to make an impactful deal outside of the draft, or maybe trade up in the draft to get a coveted player.

Those are hopefully impactful moves. No idea how they can make them given cap concerns plus Lamar’s contract hanging over everything but I like to see it. Draft will be interesting.

2 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

Glad things are better now Mrs. J.

On my end, the youngest home from college, the grill fired up, and two whole chickens quartered and marinating. Classic alternative on the speaker. Beer in use. A good Wednesday. 

Classic alternative. Damn that makes me feel old. 

Just now, North Balti Zen said:

Glad things are better now Mrs. J.

On my end, the youngest home from college, the grill fired up, and two whole chickens quartered and marinating. Classic alternative on the speaker. Beer in use. A good Wednesday. 

Nice!

Listening to some of that myself. Got The Cure on now. Drinking a hazy IPA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WxUSAF said:

Those are hopefully impactful moves. No idea how they can make them given cap concerns plus Lamar’s contract hanging over everything but I like to see it. Draft will be interesting.

The Lamar situation is a bit precarious. Seems they might not be in a hurry to get something done there, and apparently the 2 sides aren't really close on a deal.

34 minutes ago, CAPE said:

The Lamar situation is a bit precarious. Seems they might not be in a hurry to get something done there, and apparently the 2 sides aren't really close on a deal.

It is sooooo stupid that Lamar doesn’t have an agent. 

Dang EDC!! :ph34r: I don't think we Ravens fans are used to this much of a splash in the first two days of free agency, lol Needless to say EDC is more aggressive than Ozzie, while still maintaining the careful, frugal way of spending. We've set ourselves up pretty good to have a little flexibility in the draft. We got some pieces to help now...now for future talent+

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic