Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

9 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

My location had a crappy winter so I am happy walking the line and rolling the dice with a potential paste bomb.  If it’s a 35° rainer who cares?  it will be over and warmer the next day either way. 

The wind Sat night and Sunday is going to be vicious. 55-60 +out of the west . And Sunday will be brutally cold for time of year. 28-35. This may keep coming back NW now with that SE Ridge . 
When I see Hanmer pimp big winds.. it’s time to take notice 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

Three flag 500 mb winds moving off the Del Marva with that thing this weekend.  That's 160 mph synoptic scale wind max ...  

The cyclone on that cold front moves from DCA to CAR in < 12 hours ... It's be moving past at 75 to 80 mph.   That's pretty amazing

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The wind Sat night and Sunday is going to be vicious. 55-60 +out of the west . And Sunday will be brutally cold for time of year. 28-35. This may keep coming back NW now with that SE Ridge . 
When I see Hanmer pimp big winds.. it’s time to take notice 

Last night’s winds were far more impressive than I thought they were going to be.  Really don’t wanna see anything stronger than that Saturday.

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Time to see if Euro is going to pull of the coup or not like the old days. I ain’t buying it. I bet it goes back west. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m tossing for now as well.

Yup. It ain’t the old Euro…not even close, it’ll cave, we can count on that. Rain for Saturday for sure. Too bad. 

We close it out and look forward to winter 22-23 now. Hope it’s better than this shitbox was? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yup. It ain’t the old Euro…not even close, it’ll cave, we can count on that. Rain for Saturday for sure. Too bad. 

We close it out and look forward to winter 22-23 now. Hope it’s better than this shitbox was? 

I mean we shall see, but even euro wasn’t much snow. 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I mean we shall see, but even euro wasn’t much snow. 

It was getting half way decent out this way though…and wouldn’t have taken much to be something quite good.  But that’s the story of this whole winter…it just can’t put it all together to deliver anything…for most. 

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Last night’s winds were far more impressive than I thought they were going to be.  Really don’t wanna see anything stronger than that Saturday.

for real man, that was probably the highest, and most frequent wind gusts over a long duration I've seen here in a while

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah pretty much. Holding out hope for one last blue bomb to get a couple good days on natural ski trails. This thing for Sat is starting to look like a POS to me. 

Euro will fold like a sandcastle when high tide comes in.