Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

They don’t have to be big . As long as there’s lightning and thunder and something to track . And obviously the hope there  is they become damaging. 

Its like hoping for frigid cold in Atlanta, GA on the off chance that you get a big snow storm....just rare and not worth it to me. Thankfully, none of us control it, anyway.

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

12hrs into met spring and we're debating the comfort of high dews.

In like a lamb.

Funny, my numbers for the most part won't be bad, but my timing was def off....instead of in like a lion, out like a lion, it was in like lamb, and out like a lamb lol

Right pattern, wrong animal. The only month I hit on the timing and sensible weather was Feb.

29 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah those are your personal preferences. They just aren't everyone's.

When I was in Texas, it was not nearly as bad to tolerate playing golf midday in the summer when I went to courses northwest of Austin in 100F heat with dews in the 50F range as it was when I'd play further east when it was 94/73. The latter was so much more taxing on the body.

TX definitely has some extreme wx, in the 90s I was in Houston for work a half dozen times and there was some wx anomaly four times, one heatwave, it snowed once and flooded from a tropical storm another, but the heat that time was insane, hottest I've ever felt... anyway, perhaps Wed can give me the .5" I need to top 30" on the season, honestly ready for spring at this point though, so much to do, and golf course openings.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, I was just giving him the benefit of the doubt BC I am sure he would contest that WNE does.

Yeah, I am not a big fan of severe yet it’s the one thing that W MA does pretty well with.  Once you’ve watched your life flash before your eyes you’re not really looking for a repeat.

56 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Fixed your post.

Do you know where all the station yearly snowfall records got moved too or which is going to be most accurate?

Found ALB on their NWS page 

https://www.weather.gov/media/aly/Climate/ALY_Seasonal_Snowfall_Totals.pdf

But if you go to NRCC the period of record they have for them is significantly later and the yearly numbers don't match b/c they use Jan-Dec not May - October :axe: :axe: 

This is so frustrating and stupid

It is absolutely stupid, ridiculous, careless, irresponsible, and dumb how horrifically managed and kept this stuff is. How hard is it to maintain snowfall records and data and create a database??? There's all these different databases and they all show different stuff. Create one freaking thing and put it in one freaking place and MAKE SURE IT'S CONSISTENT. 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

Same thing with severe weather. With tornadohistoryproject gone bye-bye there really is no place to quickly access tornado data...or to break it down as easily as you could on tornadohistoryproject...that place was a bible. You can download an Excel File from the SPC site but I've gone through it and there are even inconsistencies on there and you gotta be super careful with how you use it b/c I'm not sure how it works with multi-state tornadoes and it even has the same tornadoes listed multiple times and there's even numbers missing...it's ridiculous. 

18 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Same thing with severe weather. With tornadohistoryproject gone bye-bye there really is no place to quickly access tornado data...or to break it down as easily as you could on tornadohistoryproject...that place was a bible. You can download an Excel File from the SPC site but I've gone through it and there are even inconsistencies on there and you gotta be super careful with how you use it b/c I'm not sure how it works with multi-state tornadoes and it even has the same tornadoes listed multiple times and there's even numbers missing...it's ridiculous. 

Somehow we will all continue on.

• Weenie 1

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

If RGEM is correct, then I could see a nicer looking swath of snow....but GFS is bringing the low almost on top of me so I'd expect the best to be north....there will be a band of WAA precip ahead of it, but it's not as ideal as something like the RGEM which would prob have a quasi-stationary band somewhere down in SNE. If we can trend everything south another tick, then maybe it gets interesting for potential advisory snows.

What's HRRR up to? That's 3 to 4 in spots? Sell?

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I was hoping this weekend had a chance to be wintry. Would have been nice to add some to the totals. 

Seems like the blocking goes nuclear after the 9th or 10th though. I think we'll have chances mid-month...but I agree. If we could have kept this weekend south and added to the snow pack, it would have added to the wintry appeal...but when you are dealing with a White Snake winter, you take what you can get. Deal with the meltouts.

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Seems like the blocking goes nuclear after the 9th or 10th though. I think we'll have chances mid-month...but I agree. If we could have kept this weekend south and added to the snow pack, it would have added to the wintry appeal...but when you are dealing with a White Snake winter, you take what you can get. Deal with the meltouts.

Is this snow that I’m feeling? Is this the snow, that’s I’ve been searching for? 

Ginxy dancing swinging lips and hips on the hood of a Firebird?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya last summer wasn’t all that hot…but it was a nice summer actually, after the lousy start of June and early July.  

Folks want to jump to full On spring with 3 weeks of winter left…that definitely ain’t happening either. She isn’t done with us yet. She gonna make it hurt for a while. 

Must've been a lot different there from what we had here.  The 1st was cool and dry, then the next 8 days averaged 82/56 (11° AN here) with only 0.06" RA.  Of course, much of SNE was drowning while we were in moderate drought by then.

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

I didn’t realize Significant Tornadoes was updated to 2019 and is now in two volumes supposedly?  I can’t find any record of it being re released however?

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

... and meltdowns. 

• 40/70 Benchmark changed the title to March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly
  • dendrite unpinned this topic