Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Remember two weeks ago when Raymie , Ginx and others creamed in jeans over how snowy and cold the first two weeks of Morch looked? You can pretty much cancel that EPS look as well. Will not happen 

First week of March is BN and you are confused as to what was said as usual.

• Confused 1

Not much exciting to talk about surprised no one is talking about the sneaky Few inches overnight Wednesday night especially in hills for Northern CT through much of Mass up to NH border? HRRR came in aggressive GFS beefed up too RGEM looks decent.  Looks like we are out of it down here though, though if we can get some hefty rates I wonder if the hills can grab an inch in interior areas down here. 

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, wx2fish said:

I used to be more in that camp, but over the last 5 years I've transitioned to the dark side of heat and dews

I'll take 57 and drizzle over 92/70 any day unless I'm going to the beach or pool.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Not much exciting to talk about surprised no one is talking about the sneaky Few inches overnight Wednesday night especially in hills for Northern CT through much of Mass up to NH border? HRRR came in aggressive GFS beefed up too RGEM looks decent.  Looks like we are out of it down here though, though if we can get some hefty rates I wonder if the hills can grab an inch in interior areas down here. 

Seems like precip might be a bit showery with the best forcing to the north in NNE....but can't rule out an inch or two....esp interior hills.

26 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Agree June and the first of weeks of July sucked.

Ya last summer wasn’t all that hot…but it was a nice summer actually, after the lousy start of June and early July.  

Folks want to jump to full On spring with 3 weeks of winter left…that definitely ain’t happening either. She isn’t done with us yet. She gonna make it hurt for a while. 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Ya last summer wasn’t all that hot…but it was a nice summer actually, after the lousy start of June and early July.  

Folks want to jump to full On spring with 3 weeks of winter left…that definitely ain’t happening either. She isn’t done with us yet. She gonna make it hurt for a while. 

Spring is mostly dogshit around here....it's somewhat better where you are being WOR and southwest, but out east, it's usually trying to put lipstick on a pig when hyping up spring. Once in a while we get a great one, but usually I'm expecting pretty regular rounds of garbage weather (sheet drizzle, cold rain, lot of clouds, etc)

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

For tonight ya, not for Wednesday night?

If RGEM is correct, then I could see a nicer looking swath of snow....but GFS is bringing the low almost on top of me so I'd expect the best to be north....there will be a band of WAA precip ahead of it, but it's not as ideal as something like the RGEM which would prob have a quasi-stationary band somewhere down in SNE. If we can trend everything south another tick, then maybe it gets interesting for potential advisory snows.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Spring is mostly dogshit around here....it's somewhat better where you are being WOR and southwest, but out east, it's usually trying to put lipstick on a pig when hyping up spring. Once in a while we get a great one, but usually I'm expecting pretty regular rounds of garbage weather (sheet drizzle, cold rain, lot of clouds, etc)

It’s not all that great out here either.  Ya we can break out into the sun more often than out east, but it mostly sucks here too.  And we are just on the first day of March,  she’s got junk up her sleeve..so hoping for some winter in that box of junk. 

To my SW 50-75 miles is where it’s really nice much more often. That SW corner of CT really can shine in the spring. 

26 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s awful. No one wants cold wet summer wx . They can say they do, but they don’t mean it 

I don't want 57 and overcast or drizzle...I just said I'd take it over nasty 90s with 70s dews. Ideal weather is warm and dry. I play golf. I hike. I take my kids outdoors a lot to ride bikes and playgrounds. Those all suck ASS in hot and humid weather just as much as 50s does (hiking actually might be way better with temps in the 50s).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don't want 57 and overcast or drizzle...I just said I'd take it over nasty 90s with 70s dews. Ideal weather is warm and dry. I play golf. I hike. I take my kids outdoors a lot to ride bikes and playgrounds. Those all suck ASS in hot and humid weather just as much as 50s does (hiking actually might be way better with temps in the 50s).

being someone with non specific hyper hydration (sweat like a desert yeti), I hate when it gets high than 50 dews, and I had to spend the last two Aug in south florida testing, ugh, but 75 and dry is ideal for me anyway, my wife loves that hot humid crap...was out in PHX a couple years ago and it was 110, but dry, still hot but nothing like Houston at 110/75! that was nuts

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

But it’s the same as 65 in winter. No one wants warm snowless winters.  If it’s warm or the pattern looks warm , it’s not wanted. Same applies to summer. Cool weather is not conducive to summer activities, eliminates thunderstorm development , and is also not wanted .

• Confused 1

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

But it’s the same as 65 in winter. No one wants warm snowless winters.  If it’s warm or the pattern looks warm , it’s not wanted. Same applies to summer. Cool weather is not conducive to summer activities, eliminates thunderstorm development , and is also not wanted .

I'm not really getting big T storms, anyway, and don't particularly care for them.

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah those are your personal preferences. They just aren't everyone's.

2 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

being someone with non specific hyper hydration (sweat like a desert yeti), I hate when it gets high than 50 dews, and I had to spend the last two Aug in south florida testing, ugh, but 75 and dry is ideal for me anyway, my wife loves that hot humid crap...was out in PHX a couple years ago and it was 110, but dry, still hot but nothing like Houston at 110/75! that was nuts

When I was in Texas, it was not nearly as bad to tolerate playing golf midday in the summer when I went to courses northwest of Austin in 100F heat with dews in the 50F range as it was when I'd play further east when it was 94/73. The latter was so much more taxing on the body.

• Like 2

• 40/70 Benchmark changed the title to March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly
  • dendrite unpinned this topic