Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Brutal season here. One of the worst I can recall. It is what is though, we get ready for spring now.

The ensuing sore butt contest will likely take place at some point or the other ... but if it is any consolation, the boat merely sunk at different rates.  We up here in interior NE Mass may have been at the bow of the Titanic, ...your region at the stern, but we all went down with this ship.  

It was not a "good" winter anywhere.  Falling short of seasonal snowfall averages, which barring a lucky bowling ball moving forward ... too many are sure to succeed, is < C grade.   You have to at least make average to get a C - ... seldom do I engage in the "objective" grading game ( LOL ) but just for shits and giggles... That's sort of the way I view it.   Average snow is minimum requirement for average grade.   Leave all the passion out of the judging.  

This year...on the border of D and F ...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MJO812 said:

I would agree but the pattern is going to get mild.

It looks that way but the models can change. The pattern looked good for a bit and then got worse on the models, maybe it will trend back the other way. Regardless, it can snow even in bad patterns. I’m not giving up until mid April.

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

14 minutes ago, George001 said:

It looks that way but the models can change. The pattern looked good for a bit and then got worse on the models, maybe it will trend back the other way. Regardless, it can snow even in bad patterns. I’m not giving up until mid April.

I also don't throw in the towel until April but there is nothing on the horizon.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, George001 said:

In early March? No way in hell! 

No longer  'early' march in reality.

That distinction ended 2 days ago.

Objectively, ... if one were looking at charts on say March 5, for a storm on March 12, that doesn't count as 'early' March either.   You'd have to go back to the last week of February to logically invoke climate arguments related to early March. On March 9?  anything going forward is definitely more Ides -related. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

I also don't throw in the towel until April but there is nothing on the horizon.

Yeah the pattern looks bad. The weekend storm is cooked, hopefully we get a mid-late March storm pop up on the models over the next few days. If not what a disappointing end to winter, like last year. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, George001 said:

Yeah the pattern looks bad. The weekend storm is cooked, hopefully we get a mid-late March storm pop up on the models over the next few days. If not what a disappointing end to winter, like last year. 

How much you have ?

2 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

I know it was tough for you guys. It was strange. 

It didn’t feel like it in Jan and Feb with decent cold, some pack, and many little penny events but then you look at the seasonal total and it’s cringe worthy. Just makes the entire season feel like a painfully drawn out pillow biting visit at a crackhouse. 

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Can't get any better than 12z EURO... about 2" QPF with perfectly placed thermals. Decent snow growth column.

gfs-deterministic-neng-total_snow_10to1-7162000.thumb.png.919fa7f852736b54eb3a4e15049930fa.png

It's nice to see some models showing this. I was afraid of an all-out rainstorm for VT (which might still happen). I will likely be at Killington on Sunday but will change it to Whiteface if it trends NW. 

2 minutes ago, mob1 said:

It's nice to see some models showing this. I was afraid of an all-out rainstorm for VT (which might still happen). I will likely be at Killington on Sunday but will change it to Whiteface if it trends NW. 

I'm going to be watching the webcams  from Cooperstown and Lake George here.

• Weenie 1