Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I am lucky. fenced-in 8 foot and level area. Very little drifting, tree fall or roof contamination plus I triangulate to double check. 

I'm guessing in a storm like this, under-reporting might be a bigger risk than inflated totals? (Assuming folks stay away from obvious drifting areas)

• Like 3

So as far as I can see, this was Newports record ever one-day storm total at 21", just edging out '78 for the top spot.

To give a frame of reference, this is double an average January total of snow, and is two thirds of an average yearly snowfall. 

I'll remember this forever. I've had bigger snowfalls when I lived in upstate new York, many of them. But it matters more when its an underdog. I'm absolutely exhausted from the whole day, and the fact that this is my kids first ever proper snowstorm is amazing. He could not fathom how much snow there was, or what could be done with it.

• Like 8

Just now, NeonPeon said:

So as far as I can see, this was Newports record ever one-day storm total at 21", just edging out '78 for the top spot.

To give a frame of reference, this is double an average January total of snow, and is two thirds of an average yearly snowfall. 

I'll remember this forever. I've had bigger snowfalls when I lived in upstate new York, many of them. But it matters more when its an underdog. I'm absolutely exhausted from the whole day, and the fact that this is my kids first ever proper snowstorm is amazing. He could not fathom how much snow there was, or what could be done with it.

Priceless

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m not getting out of bed, but it’s snowing pretty good right now per my ring and it looks like we’ve dropped another quarter to half inch 

Dude it's like once in a lifetime and you are in bed. If that fire hose hits you, you better get a  measurement.  Go clean a non wind spot 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Vinny Findley said:

Man that heavy band over central MA just won't quit. Looked to be moving into RI with authority but keeps drying up when it gets just south of the border. It's even starting to intensify with yellow starting to show up along 495.

What an absolute nightmare of a storm for me.

• Weenie 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Dude it's like once in a lifetime and you are in bed. If that fire hose hits you, you better get a  measurement.  Go clean a non wind spot 

I’m not sleeping yet. If that band actually gets here and starts dropping legit snow, I’ll get up and measure for sure.

Been an exhausting week though, I’m beat :lol:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

Awesome.  Maybe we can Jan 78 into February 78!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

Good for you, that area gets porked in almost every event, even the good ones.