• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

This storm lived up to its name, a massive blizzard with snow right down to the cape. This truly was a textbook James storm, although it started as rain on cape cod, as the low continues to deepen the rain snow line crashed south due to dynamic cooling. Blizzard conditions were confirmed as far west as Worcester and as far east as Hyannis.

10 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

That's why I didn't mind the the model waffles. In the least we were gonna see heavy snow and blizzard conditions with this wind. But it's over performing my own expectations. 

Why would you have minded the waffles? It was always evident from  you to Brett were getting a raging blizzard. :lol:

I minded them because I was afraid of getting porked, and I did......AGAIN.

I laugh when Steve does his "sit back and smile" posts...he never gets porked, so I'd smile, too lol I have mesoscale PTSD, at this point. Every storm....its like ground hog day...same, friggin people....lol Steve, Will, Scott...rise, repeat.

Hopefully next year is like a 2002-2003 el nino, where the interior can benefit.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

16 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Man, you really maximized this one. You could see the upslope returns all day up there.

Some good old Dendrite mid level magic QPF for you. 

Yeah, pleasantly surprised by the longevity and the rates here. Really nice event despite the model wars. Still snowing well even now, albeit winding down. Very happy here. P&C forecast seemed dead-on here, from the start time to the range. 

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Why would you have minded the waffles? It was always evident from  you to Brett were getting a raging blizzard. :lol:

I laugh when Steve does his "sit back and smile" posts...he never gets porked, so I'd smile, too lol I have mesoscale PTSD, at this point. Every storm....its like ground hog day...same, friggin people....lol Steve, Will, Scott...rise, repeat.

Hopefully next year is like a 2002-2003 el nino, where the interior can benefit.

Patience, grasshopper!

11 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I thought of you as I watched it.  Incredible how those bands just stayed stationary.   My brother in Exeter (Brentwood) was bitching to me all day via text about getting screwed.

You can't make that up....deformation slams up to Steve, as if aligning to get me, bangs a right over to south shore, where it slowly drifts up and lays a peck on my cheek, before drifting back and rotting in place....then later, a band also redvelops over Steve, before another forms out to my WEST.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The parameters have gotten even narrower, Dave and Whinemister and the E Slope of the Berkshires are out of the winners circle this year too.   :lol:

Deep SNE is the new climo for snow. 

10 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The parameters have gotten even narrower, Dave and Whinemister and the E Slope of the Berkshires are out of the winners circle this year too.   :lol:

Deep SNE is the new climo for snow. 

Fact of the matter is that when I stress over IMBY details, its for a good reason, and I'm usually right. People need to wait and check the scoreboard.

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Remember all of those people who shit on me when I GUARANTEED that slot would sit over me?

I’m getting a good laugh out Of these posts.

You even got beat by lowly southern Rhode Island today, who literally finds ways not to snow even in the best setups :lol:.

Methuen got beat by the Newport mansions today 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, hooralph said:

What a storm. Wish I were there. 8.3” here in NYC in the park. No complaints.

image.thumb.jpeg.dc1c571b9ad1ab2e3b617a9a796b93be.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.a6ea7fb22a96961d70305b7fd515bb93.jpeg

It was more like 10.3 in NYC in the park but as usual the NWS dropped the ball and decided to just throw out a bogus low number just so it would look like they actually measured. It happens all the time and people just accept it as gospel. 

7 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m getting a good laugh out Of these posts.

You even got beat by lowly southern Rhode Island today, who literally finds ways not to snow even in the best setups :lol:.

Methuen got beat by the Newport mansions today 

Well, I just hope the "everything is awesome crew" remembers that there are legit concerns. I never like seeing fronto pinned to the coast because more often than not, that tells me to grab my ankles and reach.

• Weenie 1

Just now, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

It was more like 10.3 in NYC in the park but as usual the NWS dropped the ball and decided to just throw out a bogus low number just so it would look like they actually measured. It happens all the time and people just accept it as gospel. 

Disagree. I walked all over the park and it was a 8-9” storm.

2 hours ago, MegaMike said:

lol Right!? I noticed the leaf too. It came out of nowhere when everything should be off the trees and buried. The music (Rising Tide) makes it more dramatic.

What's even funnier is I played it on my phone initially, and didnt have sound.  I went to show it to my wife and chromecasted it and then noticed the great music which worked perfect for it.  You should slice that little ditty out of there and make a meme out of it :) ( she said I should do that, so I'm telling you you should since it's yours)