Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

14 minutes ago, MegaMike said:

Not as much in Wrentham, MA but I made a neat time-lapse out of it. We were always on the edge of the band that destroyed far SE MA.

18.0 inches was reported in Wrentham (I measured 14.5 - on average). Lots of blowing and drifting. Some drifts are >4 feet high.

Haha good stuff, that oak leaf at 1:11 looks like a gingerbread man going to do a snow angel but the snow is too much and it dies a horrible death

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yep. We skeptical.

Measuring snow in the photos everyone has shown looks extremely tough... the drifting, wind lips everywhere. Stuff blown off roofs, cars, decks... basically the snow fills all low lying areas.  What a look.  Once it goes over 16-24" it becomes hard to tell what's what IMO.  That's a lot of snow moving around.

A lot of long time posters on the various forums got absolutely smoked today.  It read like an old thread and why folks tune in to this type of coverage for an event.  Someone needs to go for a Jeb walk in the snow with Jebman posting.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, dmcginvt said:

Haha good stuff, that oak leaf at 1:11 looks like a gingerbread man going to do a snow angel but the snow is too much and it dies a horrible death

lol Right!? I noticed the leaf too. It came out of nowhere when everything should be off the trees and buried. The music (Rising Tide) makes it more dramatic.

1 minute ago, Vinny Findley said:

Man that heavy band over central MA just won't quit. Looked to be moving into RI with authority but keeps drying up when it gets just south of the border. It's even starting to intensify with yellow starting to show up along 495.

40 dbz snow is 3 per hour if excellent growth

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This is insane. Lol. 

But I love little surprises like this at the end of a big storm. 

image.gif

Still some CCB signs in that along with mid-level deformation banding?  Strong lift, dynamic.  There are a couple things going on there it seems... what a fascinating radar between ORH and BOS.  Moving ENE very slowly.

• Like 1

Just now, BostonWX said:

Pretty much impossible to get an accurate measurement, not sure how anyone else is…. MQE at 28 Logan at 24 I guess 26 sounds good here. Has to be 30+ in norwell/ hingham /Weymouth area.

I am lucky. fenced-in 8 foot and level area . Very little drifting, tree fall or roof contamination plus I triangulate to double check. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I won't lie, I text that to a few folks in the ski industry.  Taunton, MA.  January 29, 2022.  That pic verifies accumulations.  Best one of the storm.

6 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Maybe I will add a disclaimer about TMeh......

Lol… you guys can share that pic wherever you want…. If I end up somewhere cool, like on a news broadcast or something, I just want to know so I can watch :lol:

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This is insane. Lol. 

But I love little surprises like this at the end of a big storm. 

image.gif

If it were NNE winds I would think some kind of ORH Hills upslope convergence, but with due NW that doesn't make any sense. So the mid levels are driving it.