Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
OBS/DISCO - The Historic James Blizzard of 2022

TalcottWx

20 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Is Ray still sleeping? haven't heard from him in awhile, I bet he did ok.

I told everyone I was just going to pass out once I realized I I porked. I meant it.

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I was unsure of the 24”+ totals yesterday. Mid level low look was good, but wasn’t sure if we’d get that real stationary band like we saw. I thought maybe the forcing would be more transient and not as intense. Just goes to show you look out when they look good.

Told you so.

2 minutes ago, andyhb said:

Did places in N RI and SE MA legit get 4 feet in 1978 or is that just urban legend?

Most maps I see from that are around 3 feet or so.

It's legit. I lived it. Went to bed thinking it was over. Storm did a loop over Cape Cod and dumped another 18 inches. When I woke up I couldn't believe what I was seeing. There were no swirls around the cars. Snow packed in the engine compartments and was pretty much level with the cars. Drifts up to 20 feet on some roads. Whether it was all QPF or some that blew in from the next town there was 3 feet of snow on my street. Woonsocket where my in laws live they had 54" Woonsocket is only 20 miles north of me.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, andyhb said:

Did places in N RI and SE MA legit get 4 feet in 1978 or is that just urban legend?

Most maps I see from that are around 3 feet or so in the jackpot zones.

38" was the official report just east of downtown Woonsocket "Eastern Woonsocket." Think of Diamond Hill at 633'. However, the true unofficial report of 40" may actually go to South Wrentham 40" with 44.0" on ground.