Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

2 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

so this is option number 4? I thought closing off south was supposed to be a good thing lol

If it’s way down south like over NC and it occludes down there it would just kind of drift east and not get the best dynamics up here. But the evolution looked weird and it again blows up random convection that it seems to chase. It was a lot better than 18z that’s what I care about. The upper air evolution was a hair away from another 12z blockbuster. Now we cross fingers for other models to follow. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes, improved over 18Z but how much worse could if have gotten than 18Z.  Problem with 00Z is 500MB does not go negative and close off until too late for anyone but the immediate coast and LI.  Axis stays neutral until around noon Saturday and then goes negative and cuts off and sfc low explodes but to far offshore once she goes negative. 

NAM so we wait and watch other guidance.  It just has to happen a little sooner so we get that rapid deepening closer in.  I do agree though that overall look of 00Z is improved.  Just needs a little more to make this memorable.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

The ultimate best case scenario meaning if everything worked out perfectly would be a slow crawling monster (960-950mb) just south of LI

I believe the crawling monster is very possible, if not likely (not sure about that low a mb but), however, those on Long Island should also prepare for what comes along with that. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

All that buildup with the "we're about to get Nam'd" etc. then....thud. Not like it matters anyway because...Nam.

People jump the gun and get overexcited. But in fairness H5 was worthy of excitement considering previous runs even though the surface didn't work out very well.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MANDA said:

Yes, improved over 18Z but how much worse could if have gotten than 18Z.  Problem with 00Z is 500MB does not go negative and close off until too late for anyone but the immediate coast and LI.  Axis stays neutral until around noon Saturday and then goes negative and cuts off and sfc low explodes but to far offshore once she goes negative. 

NAM so we wait and watch other guidance.  It just has to happen a little sooner so we get that rapid deepening closer in.  I do agree though that overall look of 00Z is improved.  Just needs a little more to make this memorable.

Little changes have a big impact, I would be extremely doubtful of any model forecast, this might end up being a true nowcast event.

28 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

All that buildup with the "we're about to get Nam'd" etc. then....thud. Not like it matters anyway because...Nam.

I may have jumped the gun there... but that H5 -if it comes to fruition- will disappoint no one here. 

I can't remember seeing that type of H5 on the models since I started tracking... about 20 years ago.

• Like 6