Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

5 hours ago, Tatamy said:

I got two feet a year ago.  I knew I was very unlikely to get anything substantive from this one.  This was always going to be a coastal event assuming it would happen.  I feel sorry for you guys on the coast with this latest turn of events on the models.

I mean I have nothing to complain about, I spent a few hours shoveling rock hard concrete at my other house last weekend.  I always get snow at one or the other-- usually it's at the other one.

5 hours ago, EasternLI said:

No. The energy is hanging back in the SW messing up the phase. So the storm doesn't get a chance to amplify on the east coast. Heights stay flatter in the east and everything happens too late. If at all. We want the energy in the SW to be more progressive. We're going the other direction right now with that feature. 

but what is it that causes the energy to hang back in the SW in such a progressive pattern?  In a progressive pattern shouldn't everything be moving?

Just now, LibertyBell said:

but what is it that causes the energy to hang back in the SW in such a progressive pattern?  In a progressive pattern shouldn't everything be moving?

The PNA ridge ebbing up and down has been able to cut off the southern stream energy there. The progressive pattern allows for the ebbing and flowing, while also cutting off some energy in the four corners region. 

• Thanks 3

Just now, USCG RS said:

The PNA ridge ebbing up and down has been able to cut off the southern stream energy there. The progressive pattern allows for the ebbing and flowing, while also cutting off some energy in the four corners region. 

thanks, it sounds exactly like a tidal wave the way I picture it in my mind, when the tide flows it carries material to the shore, when it ebbs it doesn't

• Like 1