Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

1 minute ago, kat5hurricane said:

Uh yeah, I think I'll take that Nam run, nice trend towards the Euro. Just the Nam but a damn good start to the 12z suite. Really need to get that stubborn GFS on board, it went the wrong way last night.

The GFS started a recovery back west at 6z. Hopefully that continues. 

• Like 2

Think of it in the context of those with frail or elderly parents, or those with loved ones otherwise reliant on care. Not everyone is fully self reliant and a major storm can be a difficult challenge.  Yes plowing happens quick these days but in a storm that's not riding 32 degrees the roads can definitely stay very messy until it warms. Not as much for those in the city, but in general combined with the massive population of the area and you get the NJ special snow panic frenzy. 
Plowing doesn't always happen so quickly. Don't forget 2018's pre-thanksgiving fiasco

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

This would just be epic from central MA down through Suffolk and good snow west of there into NYC still. And this is the last panel of the run when 20"+ fell already from NYC east. Again DON'T get too excited about it since it's the NAM but it shows the potential somewhere if the phasing does happen/close off in the right place. 

700hvv.us_ne (5).png

• Like 3

I will remind old timers about the EE rule.  When the Euro and ETA were in sync, it was deadly.  For the youngins and as a reminder, the ETA is now the NAM.

DT is the author of the EE rule, and also the weekend rule, which was uncanny for a long time how often they both worked out.

Voodoo?  Maybe.... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

If you're going to show that, you can't forget about what's going on aloft.. Which is phenomenal for the area. 

500hv.conus.png

I am taking it seriously and looks like a lot of potential for a major storm somewhere in the tri-state favoring areas east of NYC

• Like 1

Just now, USCG RS said:

If you're going to show that, you can't forget about what's going on aloft.. Which is phenomenal for the area. 

500hv.conus.png

It did much better with phasing in the southern stream. And that happens early in the run. The ridge position to me out west also tells me that it has room to come west. It’s really all about how progressive the trough is. The good phase puts a stop to it and bombs the low in a perfect spot. 

• Like 3