Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

aFBiB0K.png

q3ZbHhl.png

I'm just noticing now that the panels between hr 90 and hr 96 actually show a cluster of members staying south of SE New England. That might be indication of the stall and loop we've seen on the 1/25 00z and 12z euro. If that continues to be a feature it might be an indication of an earlier capture.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

Explain to me how y’all aren’t happy with 20-30” of snow? EURO didn’t cave, it doubled down! 

Well we all don’t live on the Jersey shore. Anyone north and west this is very shaky compared to last run. Western flank we had reduced to almost nothing and qpf cut down 40-50%. Plus this is the western outlier. 

Yes you detect bitterness, despair and jealousy. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Nam went way east. Looks like my initial thoughts will be proven correct and this will miss to the east. 

GFS leading the way yet again. At this rate only eastern LI and eastern SNE may benefit. 

The Euro has been overamping storms all year but it too began shifting east last night. The writing is on the wall.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Weenie 3

10 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Nam went way east. Looks like my initial thoughts will be proven correct and this will miss to the east. 

GFS leading the way yet again. At this rate only eastern LI and eastern SNE may benefit. 

The Euro has been overamping storms all year but it too began shifting east last night. The writing is on the wall.

Hate to agree but I’m starting too. Not a great night. Tonight is make or break. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

We shall see on the runs today and tomorrow  but not a good trend so far.

41 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

It did?  The Euro had more snow for me last night then it had from the previous run, there was no phantom shift east.  Also the NAM beyond 48 hours is like dividing by zero, less than useless.

The GFS is about as useful as American made electronics.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Well we all don’t live on the Jersey shore. Anyone north and west this is very shaky compared to last run. Western flank we had reduced to almost nothing and qpf cut down 40-50%. Plus this is the western outlier. 

Yes you detect bitterness, despair and jealousy. 

Long Island even western long island, does better on this run than the previous run.

2 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

East special. Atlantic City could pick up several inches, really nice winter for them. 

Eastern LI will do well

You just said last night it was over. Stop claiming something this early.

12z runs and Thursday runs are going to be interesting. As long as the Euro stays coarse and the gfs continues to bump west , we will all do well.

New England looks like the prime spot 

With this morning’s runs this event is shaping up to be significant south and east of the Driscoll Bridge on the Jersey shore and S&E of I95 elsewhere.  It’s the reverse of what we see many times however this go around it appears to be the coastal areas turn for snow.  Nearby inland suburbs get much less with a big time gradient setting up for snow amounts very close to the city.  Places well to the north and west look to smoke cirrus.  I would consider the Euro to be an outlier at this time with higher amounts to the north and west as compared to the other models.

7 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

12z runs and Thursday runs are going to be interesting. As long as the Euro stays coarse and the gfs continues to bump west , we will all do well.

Models are actually honing in on a solution.  It’s good that we are starting to see a consensus of sorts shaping up. There is still time for all this to change.  Based upon what I have been seeing on 500mb charts I really am not seeing a pathway for the higher amounts to come further inland.  It kind of reminds me of the huge I287 gradient that set up with Boxing Day in 2010.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

Models are actually honing in on a solution.  It’s good that we are starting to see a consensus of sorts shaping up. There is still time for all this to change.  Based upon what I have been seeing on 500mb charts I really am not seeing a pathway for the higher amounts to come further inland.  It kind of reminds me of the huge I287 gradient that set up with Boxing Day in 2010.

Agree

It all comes down to timing and how much energy is left behind. The more left behind the less snow we will get , the less behind and we will get alot.

19 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Our prospects for a major storm is over but eastern areas could still get snow. 

Best case scenario is you get warning snows to NYC. We're running out of time to see major changes. 

Gradient will be tight. 

• Weenie 3

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Best case scenario is you get warning snows to NYC. We're running out of time to see major changes. 

Gradient will be tight. 

It all depends on how much energy is left behind. We have plenty of time to see major changes ( today and tomorrow)

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Gradient will be tight. 

uh:blink: we just saw major changes over night.  wtf you talking about.  still a good 2 1/2 days away.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

It all depends on how much energy is left behind. We have plenty of time to see major changes ( today and tomorrow)

Well the changes need to start at 12z. 

3 minutes ago, Snowlover11 said:

uh:blink: we just saw major changes over night.  wtf you talking about.  still a good 2 1/2 days away.

The closer you get the less likely you'll see a lot of changes. Once you're under 60hrs for a major storm all you'll get is minor ticks. 

With all the data coming in today we still have until 0z tonight to see bigger shifts. 

2 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Well the changes need to start at 12z. 

The closer you get the less likely you'll see a lot of changes. Once you're under 60hrs for a major storm all you'll get is minor ticks. 

And that's what we need. Gfs made a good minor tick at H5. Need this to occur faster.

61f12376bec12.png

61f1236c22620.png

1 hour ago, SnoSki14 said:

Take a break. Im serious.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4