• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

3 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I've been learning option trading this year. It's amazingly similar in some ways. 

When you buy try and evaluate a stock it feels like you are forecasting for a snowstorm to hit every Friday (weekly option expiration). The stock direction is similar to snowfall amounts. Your job to look at technical analysis and sentiment/sort of like picking apart model bias. 

Predict what is coming based off experience. That's where the similarities end. Pro: you get a new chance to jackpot every week in markets con: there is real money on the line not snowfall. Doesn't destroy your family when you lose big. 

Model windshield wipers = bear/bull traps if you are not careful. 

Pretty good analogy.

54 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah… euro can stop tickling east, if we are being honest.

Not sure here, wondering if we are going to be in between bands.

No way. Its the people like me, who are dependent on the mid levels, that need to worry about that. Down there near the coastal front is going to get slammed with fronto from surface through H850. Now, when I say getting caught between bands...this isn't going to be Boxing day because it isn't occluded, but it can mean the difference between like 14" and 20".

06z Euro move looked like noise to me.  See what 12z brings.  Time to start ironing out some of the details on banding and where that will be.  I'm ignoring the GFS since it decided to go on vacation.  NAM can be useful as long as it falls in line with the Euro, which it seems to be right now, perhaps a bit more amplified. 

I also agree with Scott that we should watch to see if this comes back west a hair as heights should be raised ahead of this with the storm coming up from the south.

• Like 1

Just now, Baroclinic Zone said:

06z Euro move looked like noise to me.  See what 12z brings.  Time to start ironing out some of the details on banding and where that will be.  I'm ignoring the GFS since it decided to go on vacation.  NAM can be useful as long as it falls in line with the Euro, which it seems to be right now, perhaps a bit more amplified. 

Well, its played the same song for the past two cycles, I'd like a different sound track for 12z.

• Like 1