• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Powerful Multi-regional/ multi-faceted east coastal storm now above medium confidence: Jan 29 -30th, MA to NE, with snow and mix combining high wind, and tides. Unusual early confidence ...

Typhoon Tip

Seems like we're getting all the signals we want to see 5 days out for a region wide storm.  Let's narrow the goal posts.  Realistically the 5 day forecast would be 6-12" for most unless something drastically changes like a mixing component or a weird dry slot, and then there will be some banding/jackpots that are more in the 12-18" range.  Will be fun to follow the rest of the week.  I'll take the 6" IMBY.

• Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, Go Kart Mozart said:

Eastern Fairfield County, you can bet on that.

Looks like a solid 4-8 type of deal on your side of the county right now. Not close to blockbuster territory for western zones as depicted, but a good enough hit that will put you above normal for snowfall for the season.

43 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

GGEM ideally would be a little closer...

The frontogen would clip HFD -BOS that way, and then CCB mechanics plugging the undercarriage super-imposing the UVM lift, would be double trouble HUGE fall rates of whatever is falling...But as is, the the former appears too far SE.

But, you know ... get real, right?  I mean, it's so powerful the CCB stuff is good for 15+ in that region anyway. I know we have zealots that feel betrayed at 15+" in a wind so violent it's a milky miasma out side, but to me that is a memorable journey.

That was March 14, 1993 for me, and much of the area (happy, Kev?)

Generally, for the New England region I think this is looking really good for the lead time. I think everyone has a good shot at a seriously significant snowfall, with the exception of an area at approximately 980' elevation along Robin Circle in Tolland, CT where I think subsidence and dryslotting will be a huge issue (and this area will also likely experience rain to start and to end). But generally for those outside this screw zone it should be a really good storm, impossible to pin down an exact jackpot area --- other than where it won't be, which is Robin Circle in Tolland, CT.

• Haha 6

Just now, Spanks45 said:

Was it the system in March 2018 that did this? Began ticking west and didn't stop until it was over....I think most did well, but sleet took numbers down by a lot....

Mar17. Forecasted for 20+ up until go time but Upton neglected to shift the best goods NW because they didn't want NYC folk to let their guard down lol. We still ended up with 14" IIRC after the initial WAA push but H7 tracked north of us. I think Stowe got 50" from it and the ensuing upslope. 

7 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Generally, for the New England region I think this is looking really good for the lead time. I think everyone has a good shot at a seriously significant snowfall, with the exception of an area at approximately 980' elevation along Robin Circle in Tolland, CT where I think subsidence and dryslotting will be a huge issue (and this area will also likely experience rain to start and to end). But generally for those outside this screw zone it should be a really good storm, impossible to pin down an exact jackpot area --- other than where it won't be, which is Robin Circle in Tolland, CT.

Brutal screw zone....

Screen Shot 2022-01-25 at 12.47.49 PM.png

• Haha 4