Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You can see from the EPS animation, it's basically a standing wave over the PNA/EPO region.

That also underscores John's point that the atmosphere seems to have parted ways with la nina a bit, in sharp contrast to the early season. You'd expect that more in a modest modoki el nino like 2015.

9 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Without fail. I cling to hopes of another March 2012 like I cling to my DIPAs.

One of these years, Kevin will get his 2012 prediction correct.....we actually had back to back Marches like that in 1945 and 1946.

Not happening this year.

• Haha 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'd be fine with that, too, since CJ land was ground zero then.

That composite loop didn't even include the SWFE threat late next week either. Would be nice to land a beefy warning SWFE event next Friday and then let her rip on this pattern for 2-3 weeks and see how much ground we can make up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That composite loop didn't even include the SWFE threat late next week either. Would be nice to land a beefy warning SWFE event next Friday and then let her rip on this pattern for 2-3 weeks and see how much ground we can make up.

Yea.....if that works out, then January just replaces December and I still have a shot to get to my interior totals....need the se areas to run into some tough luck, though. lol

40 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I’ll admit I like his solos on that newer Wild Blue song.

I only know one musical artist locally and he is a client, Al Barr from the Dropkick Murphys...lol I told him I only new one of his songs, he laughed, deep down inside he is  probably saying what an jackass!

Anyways back to weather....

3 hours ago, PhineasC said:

I'm down to 15" off of 22" before the rain even really starts. Will probably have less than a foot after the rain, at best.

We will see if any backside snows materialize.

I'm down to 4" off of 7.3" to start.  High today is 48ºF so far with rain on the doorstep.  Normally, the rain would drag cold air down so that's where we'd top out today but the inversion overhead is sick.  BTV afternoon sounding showed 19ºF at 1,800ft. and 36ºF at 3,800ft.  So, 48º-->19º-->36º in the bottom 3,500ft.  Will be interesting to see what the result is as the rain starts.  Cold at all levels will get here just as the deep moisture is shutting off.  We might eek out an inch of snow/sleet on top of the ice from overnight tonight.

Here I am as the rain starts just now:

17feb22.thumb.jpg.7339c58d312ac3bcbd1fe07d678b655c.jpg

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, das said:

I'm down to 4" off of 7.3" to start.  High today is 48ºF so far with rain on the doorstep.  Normally, the rain would drag cold air down so that's where we'd top out today but the inversion overhead is sick.  BTV afternoon sounding showed 19ºF at 1,800ft. and 36ºF at 3,800ft.  So, 48º-->19º-->36º in the bottom 3,500ft.  Will be interesting to see what the result is as the rain starts.  Cold at all levels will get here just as the deep moisture is shutting off.  We might eek out an inch of snow/sleet on top of the ice from overnight tonight.

Here I am as the rain starts just now:

17feb22.thumb.jpg.7339c58d312ac3bcbd1fe07d678b655c.jpg

wow...wiped

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2