Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2022 Obs/Disco

Torch Tiger

54 minutes ago, dryslot said:

No clue, Haven't read a GYX AFD in a coons age.

Their P&C had my area with all snow Tues-Tues night, 70% PoP, then mix on Wednesday.  AFD had the battle front working to the south after that.  Would be nice.

Low 50s here but barely an ich loss of pack; it's quite solid.  Also more cloud than sun plus some shade on the stake site.  Mildest New England site in GYX 1 PM obs was PSM at 63.  SFM/IZG headed for 60+ as well.

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

It's a running joke here about "fake" snow versus "real" snow.

Basically just an upslope versus synoptic debate.

Yeah, I know.  Just bustin.  That fake shit combined with our fake rulers is what gets us to 350 every year except this year.  You were spot on about the upslope missing this year.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Pretty sure Randolph would've done well here.

image.png

Between N. Conway and Phin there's Pinkham Notch, where the late Feb storm dumped 77" and brought the pack to 164", almost certainly the greatest recorded depth east of the Rockies.  They also had 3 storms of 29-31", one each for Dec, Feb and March, for a winter total of 323" and 10,545 SDDs.  MWN had 97.8" in the big dump and 559" for the season but only 2,951 SDDs, as nearly all their snow landed in Tucks.

5 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Between N. Conway and Phin there's Pinkham Notch, where the late Feb storm dumped 77" and brought the pack to 164", almost certainly the greatest recorded depth east od the Rockies.  They also had 3 storms of 29-31", one each for Dec, Feb and March, for a winter total of 323" and 10,545 SDDs.  MWN had 97.8" in the big dump and 559" for the season but only 2,951 SDDs, as nearly all their snow landed in Tucks.

I’ve posted the coop form on here before. I’ll have to find it in my attachments.

11 minutes ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Probably a good thing we don't have full sun this afternoon. We'd be ripping.

Max depth there in 68-69 was 32", not quite 20% of Pinkham's pack.  MWN has only reached 40" on 6 days, 3 each for 1956 and 1970 with 42" the tallest in '70.  Even that is remarkable given the site.