• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 6/7 "Event" and obs

stormtracker

Hrrr could be right. Looks just like a typical outcome for this kind of deal. At least it's kinda juicy leading in. Sometimes these shortwaves are dry AF to our SW and we wait for radar to "blossom"... my least favorite activity with NS systems. 

Thing is, these types of storms, no matter how many models show otherwise, have the potential to do exactly what the hrrr shows in real time. I have a good memory. And they aren't good memories for my yard. 

I'm not a deb, neg Nance, or wet blanket. If we really respect this hobby as a learning experience, accepting the possibility of the hrrr solution should be second nature. I can easily see "the middle" getting over 4" or just 1". Won't know until it's over 

• Like 6
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

agree with point A, but not seeing the rain on these maps:
90468c586ecc3e02de997043f4383a17.jpg

One quick note:   maps like these for any models except RAP/HRRR are completely derived by the site that displays them, and they involve a lot of estimating and interpolating.   Only the RAP/HRRR have explicit totals by type.      That said, most of the guidance now shows at most a very brief period of rain at the start.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

i like my spot with this system.  the northwest trend makes perfect sense given the entire setup and how much further north the upper level energy is this time around compared to monday.  the only things i'd be concerned about for the entire forum east of the apps is that downsloping is a thing with weaker systems (though that doesn't seem to be the case with this one).  with that said, anyone who grew up in the 80s/90s in this area knows exactly what i'm talking about (though obviously models have improved in that regard).

1 hour ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

We are region centered of course but the last week across parts of Tennessee and I suppose northern Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia has been pretty epic.

Thanks for this list of unlikely places that have crushed the snow totals for the Hereford Zone so far this year. Hello darkness my old friend...

• Haha 1