January 3 CAPE Storm

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, H2O said:

And all I’ll say about the death band is this:

It will snow the best where it usually does. Without fail. Call it ortho lift, call it frontgen, call it same ol shit 

what will matter most is the cold push. Where that sets and sits will  make this a boom or bust. That’ cold push is what will wring out the juice. What screws the SE areas is always the cold bleed. Cold air loves to sit above 300ft and take it’s sweet time to filter down to the coastal plain. 

I have been watching Mid Atlantic snowstorms for only 10 years (way less than some other posters) and I have never seen it not happen this way. 

NW areas won’t get as much QPF, but will be colder and thus get more snow out of the QPF they do get. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Think you will do quite well. Would be surprised if this doesn't tick slightly farther NW over the next few runs.

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

@mappyis politely humble and then will double DCA’s total lol

Mappy doesn’t care how much falls. She’s happy with whatever she gets :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Scraff said:

I see what you’re trying to do. Lol. Can’t wait to see pictures of your jackpotville. 

lol not at all. I didn’t even know it was gonna snow until late last night. Haven’t looked at a model, or even this forum, in days. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, H2O said:

I mean let’s be real. It’s 8:30 and I’m sitting at 58°. That means I need a 23° drop in temps just to have a shot at half this modeled snow

Well, more than that because your high today will probably be 63F:ph34r:

5 minutes ago, mappy said:

I’m super happy for you. I know this snow would def help your life woes, so I hope you get a foot 

Thank you! I hate hoping or relying on weather to make something better but goddamn this would help given the last few days. I hope we all cash in. I just don’t want to have things fail down here like they do 9/10 times. 

But if I get to try out the new 4x4 tomorrow I’ll be so happy. 

And pulling for you to see a nice snow too!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

Thank you! I hate hoping or relying on weather to make something better but goddamn this would help given the last few days. I hope we all cash in. I just don’t want to have things fail down here like they do 9/10 times. 

But if I get to try out the new 4x4 tomorrow I’ll be so happy. 

And pulling for you to see a nice snow too!

Be happy over the little wins where you can find them. :) 

watch issued for my backyard 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic