• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?

Typhoon Tip

23 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

No one should be "trusting" anything.   The models are varying like they should, and usually do...at this range.  Now sure what else needs explaining? 

Maybe we should start threads that are science concept, then, have a side-car thread linked to it that is an emotional catch-basin/support group. LOL.  J/k but yeah

I wanted an explanation on the GFS op v ensemble v mean, is the op run the most reliable, are there certain algorithms or parameters in common that make it the op, or is it simply the initial run and the other members are spit out in order, that's what I never knew and thought someone could explain... relevant to this signal, the GFS op is basically ots with the 7th, but has many members near the BM, so hence my curiosity.

31 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

No one should be "trusting" anything.   The models are varying like they should, and usually do...at this range.  Now sure what else needs explaining? 

Maybe we should start threads that are science concept, then, have a side-car thread linked to it that is an emotional catch-basin/support group. LOL.  J/k but yeah

We do, Its the panic thread, Where anyone can go in and have a melt down.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There have been so many big storms the past 25 to 30 years. Personally, many have irritated the fook out of me but as I have gotten older I have learned that I just unluckily live in a tough area for big backyard events. Even last winter we had two double digit events here in the bowels of death valley.

We all are so spoiled. BDL only averages one double digit event every 4 seasons. If we get crushed...great or if Albany gets crushed or maybe the big stuff buries Nantucket so be it. 

At least it's not the 80s!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Why the JK? that sounds great

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Tracking Jan 7 coastal storm. Lingering compression/flow velocity has not lent to consensus, but it seems at 30 hours out.. finally?
  • dendrite unpinned this topic