Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

Just now, PhineasC said:

Yeah, and that one is starting out colder and further east than the upcoming one did at this time range. Not worried about it yet. Models are still flopping a bit on the upcoming system.

Models today are amplifying that s/w further SW then some of the other runs which is allowing the low at the surface to track further west, Guess it will ultimately come down to where that ends up happening.

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

EPS looks pretty nice in the extended....that's the best it's looked in a while. Trended toward GEFS a bit.

@CoastalWxwould definitely like that western ridge anomaly max sitting over Idaho/Montana. PV actually gets shoved into SE Canada. Probably a legit arctic outbreak if that look verified.

We like. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, eduggs said:

Somebody should tally how many times that's been said in the past two months. You're not wrong though.

Yeah I'd wait until we're inside 10 days. The good news though is that the western ridge starts building pretty quickly by D9

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

1/7 still on the table,r especially interior.  
I’ve looked past that as that really never look

ed good except at 00z last night lol. If it hapⁿ1s spens, wonderful. 

After Christmas, after the New Year, now after the 7th, you certainly have the looking past down pat. J/k

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

A PD 1 solution might send Ray over the edge permanently. Just furiously writing novels on RNA and lashing out at everybody and anyone.

3 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Wife calling from Uganda wants to known when it will be safe for her and the kids to come back home…as Ray sucks on his car’s exhaust pipe in his garage after printing out his final arrow driven snow map.

LOL I'm comfortably numb...not even viewing guidance until I am confident in a favorable outcome. 

• Like 2

FWIW… I know this is going to be weenied into oblivion but the CFS that’s available on Pivotal has been looking better for January… a couple of warm ups on there in the long range but also plenty of cold and at least some potential for not everything to be shredded. Just basing this on the 500mb anomaly maps…

1 minute ago, bristolri_wx said:

FWIW… I know this is going to be weenied into oblivion but the CFS that’s available on Pivotal has been looking better for January… a couple of warm ups on there in the long range but also plenty of cold and at least some potential for not everything to be shredded. Just basing this on the 500mb anomaly maps…

I said that yesterday, CFS is very cold....AER in house model is, too.

• Like 2