Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2021-22 Complaint/Banter Thread

IWXwx

7 hours ago, Geoboy645 said:

December 20th, 2012 says hi. 

I was living in Milwaukee the winter of 2012-'13 and don't remember much of anything happening until February that winter. Now that you remind me though, my parents did have some beautiful pictures of snow in their backyard from shortly before Christmas that year.

1 hour ago, CheeselandSkies said:

I was living in Milwaukee the winter of 2012-'13 and don't remember much of anything happening until February that winter. Now that you remind me though, my parents did have some beautiful pictures of snow in their backyard from shortly before Christmas that year.

There was some fairly impressive thundersnow with that one in Madison.   There was a snow day during finals week at UW.

11 minutes ago, madwx said:

16.2" at the airport.  17.5" at the house so far.  A majority has been in January and the last week of December

Ok sitting at 12.5" here. Look to get small amts this week. Once we get past first 10 days of March not a big fan of late season snows

Just fired up the snow blower for the first time in about 12 months. Always better to have to play with it for awhile before the conditions get horrendous. Kind of hard grinding on the electric starter as long as I do waking that thing back up. But I am ready if I get the 9+ they are talking about.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cary67 said:

Ok sitting at 12.5" here. Look to get small amts this week. Once we get past first 10 days of March not a big fan of late season snows

Pretty similar feeling. I enjoy deep winter and snowpack retention so I dont really care for March snows. When I hear the CBS March Madness song more times then not in my area its in the 40s, no snow, much longer daylight. Thats when I know im over winter and want spring to settle in. 

Ideal world Snow cover for most of February and then torch after March 10th 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Looks like benign weather to continue through at least mid Feb.  With just 26 days left of met winter (it'll be <15 days left by then) I'm ready to put this pos winter behind us and move on to spring.  

one 20" storm in late February and your view changes.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, cyclone77 said:

Looks like benign weather to continue through at least mid Feb.  With just 26 days left of met winter (it'll be <15 days left by then) I'm ready to put this pos winter behind us and move on to spring.  

Spring will be here late April. Our 20" chance at a snowstorm is moving through now. Would rather be in MSP and miss everything than get scraps from a big dog one Metra ride away for the second consecutive February. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cary67 said:

Spring will be here late April. Our 20" chance at a snowstorm is moving through now. Would rather be in MSP and miss everything than get scraps from a big dog one Metra ride away for the second consecutive February. 

Bright, sunny and 5 above zero this afternoon here. Going on 10+ days without snowfall and have 7” otg. Only 3 days since 12/9 without snowcover. Life is good in the Tundra. We’ll get ours in March/April while the rest of the sub is storm chasing or getting tan.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

Bright, sunny and 5 above zero this afternoon here. Going on 10+ days without snowfall and have 7” otg. Only 3 days since 12/9 without snowcover. Life is good in the Tundra. We’ll get ours in March/April while the rest of the sub is storm chasing or getting tan.

You guys typically start fast and end that way.  

Sitting here north of Rockford staring at 0.0. Have to fly out of ORD this afternoon. As bad as it gets. No consolation prize of snow at home, white knuckle drive to ORD, and likely delay/flight cancel.

I will not feel guilty next Rockford jackpot.

Flight was cancelled. Now I try to be a nice person, but doorbell cam still showing not even a snowman fart on the front walk. Beavis topping rant incoming.
  • Haha 5

I'm glad to get the storm and don't mean to sound ungrateful, but this was probably about the most disappointing foot-ish storm that I can recall.  A lot of potential was left on the table.  What could've been if the waves overlapped more perfectly (and with a better main system) as originally progged.

• Like 3
  • Weenie 1