• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

BOS was white in 1995 and 1997 in the 1990s. They just missed 1998. Off to the west, ORH had a white Xmas those two years in addition to 1991, 1992, and 1993. We had all of of our Jim Cantore snow in 1996 wiped out by an epic Grinch storm on Xmas Eve. That one hurt. I was sure we were a lock. 

• Thanks 1

The 2000s were a bit better at least in ORH. We managed white Christmas in 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2008, and 2009....with a near miss in 2003. Had patches leftover in that one from yet another brutal grinch storm. If you had a sheltered yard you may have managed an official white Christmas in 2003. 

5 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

The EPS is definitely not like the op. But this is also why I mentioned a few issues with the pattern to look out for before Wolfie attacked me. I still feel like post Christmas is what we always have been rooting for. That hasn’t changed. 

Yeah I think the CFS got the right idea here as it keeps the SE Ridge from pumping up. 

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The 2000s were a bit better at least in ORH. We managed white Christmas in 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007, 2008, and 2009....with a near miss in 2003. Had patches leftover in that one from yet another brutal grinch storm. If you had a sheltered yard you may have managed an official white Christmas in 2003. 

Didn't we get a Christmas Eve grinch storm in 07 that wiped out over 20 inches?

9 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Didn't we get a Christmas Eve grinch storm in 07 that wiped out over 20 inches?

We kept about a 6 to 8 inch glacier where I was. But my area in northern ORH was much better at CAD than your area so maybe that was the difference. 

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

We kept about a 6 to 8 inch glacier where I was. But my area in northern ORH was much better at CAD than your area so maybe that was the difference. 

I lost all but piles, it poured like hell Christmas eve, I remember trudging through quite a bit of snow at my brother in laws Christmas Eve and the next morning we saw grass.

1 minute ago, SouthCoastMA said:

drops a coating to the coast. maybe 2-4 pike north.

let's hope the NAO does it's work and can trend that storm a bit south - which is currently going up through the lakes

Yeah the Euro pins a decent PV lobe this run south of the block. There is room for that to get better for sure...wouldn’t take much at all to turn that pretty good.

I haven’t quite punted 12/22 yet either but I’m close. That euro run trended enough to keep me interested for another cycle...but I’ll prob punt if 00z isn’t better. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah the Euro pins a decent PV lobe this run south of the block. There is room for that to get better for sure...wouldn’t take much at all to turn that pretty good.

I haven’t quite punted 12/22 yet either but I’m close. That euro run trended enough to keep me interested for another cycle...but I’ll prob punt if 00z isn’t better. 

Field position is overrated. Go for it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Field position is overrated. Go for it.

Yeah but both of our star WRs are out and both starting tackles and we’re facing the best pass rusher in the league...and it’s 4th and 10 not 4th and 1. 

Screw it, draw up a play that moves the chains. 

14 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I’ll be shocked if we don’t have a significant majority winter qpf event sometime in the next 2 weeks.

I would agree. Not saying KU type system or anything, but at least something plowable. It would be hard to keep whiffing in the post-Xmas pattern.