Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2021 Obs/Disco...Dreaming of a White-Weenie Xmas

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Trying my best to not LBE.

Don't get me wrong.....I'm not saying to expect 60" in a month, but it has that kind of upside if it isn't too transient and/or we get some luck. 2011 we had the NAO hand off to the PNA in order to protract a very favorable two week stretch to a month. You need breaks for that to happen.

But this isn't a shock...2010 was a great ENSO analog this season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Don't get me wrong.....I'm not saying to expect 60" in a month, but it has that kind of upside if it isn't too transient and/or we get some luck. 2011 we had the NAO hand off to the PNA in order to protract a very favorable two week stretch to a month. You need breaks for that to happen.

But this isn't a shock...2010 was a great ENSO analog this season.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

The EPS at the end of the 00z run started to lift heights in the PNA area as the EPO relaxed a bit. Hopefully that extrapolates to a more +PNA.

Hahaha

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah there are similarities though the PNA is more negative and NAO not quite as west-based, but it's definitely a very favorable pattern.

Yea....though the latter is trending. I do think we see the PNA more variable in January...or course, I thought that about December, too.

2 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

The blocking in Greenland just sets up shop right through the New Year. The question is, is it believable? Lots of blocking in the North pole region  as well, looks great as of now....but we have seen this story before

It’s coming. How much we cash in on it though is a different discussion. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Jan 11 was a great month, not as good as the 2015 blitz but we built up a pretty good pack that month.

It was fabulous here…the pack was incredible….roofs were collapsing everywhere.   

I never expect that(2011), but I like this look on guidance for sure.  Hoping we can cash in on it with some vigor.  Doesn’t need to be 2011 or anything, just some good solid action is fine for me. 

14 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Sign me up.  Started in earnest with Boxing Day. I know that storm triggers some folks but it was a great event here. January was like a mini 2015… pack got pretty substantial 

Boxing day was a really good event...it was the perspective that jaded me on it. That Miller B came out of nowhere and I had my heart set on the deformation zone, but  never imagined it would trend SO FAR west....

10 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

@WinterWolf@Ginx snewx@weatherwiz 

Are you guys still planning on coming Saturday? Not trying to be a PIA, but there are a few folks who are on the edge and want to know if enough are coming to make it worth it. 

I know Garth, Jerry and @ScituateWX (Brian) are in...

yeah I'm definitely planning on it. 

I'm actually probably going to drive to Wellington and take the T in. I am NOT a city driver. Last time when I went to Clarke's I almost died driving in Boston and parked in a garage and it cost $45 :lol: 

Probably plan on staying until around 7 then want to get back for the Pats game. 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Boxing day was a really good event...it was the perspective that jaded me on it. That Miller B came out of nowhere and I had my heart set on the deformation zone, but  never imagined it would trend SO FAR west....

I got shafted in that event :thumbsdown: That storm makes me cringe 

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

yeah I'm definitely planning on it. 

I'm actually probably going to drive to Wellington and take the T in. I am NOT a city driver. Last time when I went to Clarke's I almost died driving in Boston and parked in a garage and it cost $45 :lol: 

Probably plan on staying until around 7 then want to get back for the Pats game. 

You need to get some lesson from Jay on how to navigate boston streets.

13 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It tilted too, so the def zone was almost N-S. Really bizarre event. The only thing that saved ern areas, was the strong low level forcing. Not necessarily a CF...but it was really convergent at 925-850.  Dry as a bone above 850 but unstable. So that forcing was able to get some upward motion going in the unstable layer and create a band of heavy precip. Not a common setup.

On the other hand, almost everyone even inland gusted to 50kts. 

8 minutes ago, dryslot said:

You need to get some lesson from Jay on how to navigate boston streets.

I can barely handle driving in Hartford and I could barely handle driving around in Danbury :lol: 

cities stress me out...worrying about where to turn and if you'll miss it whether you're in the right lane. I prefer the highway 

6 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

I did too, big totals to my East and to the West, I was in the middle in the screw zone.

sucked on subsidence all night (and 40's) 

• Weenie 1

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

I can barely handle driving in Hartford and I could barely handle driving around in Danbury :lol: 

cities stress me out...worrying about where to turn and if you'll miss it whether you're in the right lane. I prefer the highway 

sucked on subsidence all night (and 40's) 

Do you take 84 to the Pike?