joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Take it from me

What a beautiful song Steve.

Agreed. The biggest difference between me from my mid 30s ownward and the younger version is that I have the perspective not to take every th ing and everyone for granted. I've learned gratitude after everything that I've been through and I hit the lottery to be where I am today. 

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Just wait until you have to drive them everywhere.  Enjoy the golden time

From the age of 5 until 16.. every weekend in fall , winter , and spring was soccer and basketball games. All over the state , and well up into MA. Games, tournament’s you name it. And I wouldn’t change a thing. It was all so worth it . And the years go by in the blink of an eye. Now one a senior, one a sophomore about to get her license playing varsity together for the one and only year. And then when they’re at college.. You wonder what happened to the time and what you’re gonna do with no kids activities.  And you reminisce 

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

From the age of 5 until 16.. every weekend in fall , winter , and spring was soccer and basketball games. All over the state , and well up into MA. Games, tournament’s you name it. And I wouldn’t change a thing. It was all so worth it . And the years go by in the blink of an eye. Now one a senior, one a sophomore about to get her license playing varsity together for the one and only year. And then when they’re at college.. You wonder what happened to the time and what you’re gonna do with no kids activities.  And you reminisce 

All true.   But I have to admit we’ve enjoyed the empty nest knowing home is always here for our baby.  Looking forward to seeing her in a few weeks!

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Model guidance is definitely getting more confident on some colder anomalies later this month. The magnitude is still yet to be determined but we’re seeing across multiple model suites. 

It’s a pretty sweet look-hopefully it holds.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

What a beautiful song Steve.

Agreed. The biggest difference between me from my mid 30s ownward and the younger version is that I have the perspective not to take every th ing and everyone for granted. I've learned gratitude after everything that I've been through and I hit the lottery to be where I am today. 

Well said. I miss my kids every day. Well taking care of these puppies is like taking care of 2 year olds geezuz. Lol. You are a great man dude.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Drink beer, wax the truck, and trim your bush…over and over and over again. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

We have driven our boy back and forth to school every morning and afternoon for seven years.

We had a break from picking our son up for a few years. In 5th through 8th grade he walked the 1.5 miles home on the rec path that runs across the street from us. My wife would drop him off in the morning and he’d walk home in all sorts of weather. When he got to high school it was back to dropping off and picking up. No sidewalks or rec paths to his high school from here. 

• Like 1