Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

33 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Anthony loving and stroking the GFS….

Euro is a disaster now I agree, ..but really how much better is the GFS compared to last year/or a few years back?  I haven’t been following its performance, so that’s why I ask. 

We are going to have fun this winter  with the models 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Oh, that ended with the last several nights of 25 to 28 degrees here in Central and Northern Connecticut LOL. Having some 60s for the first half of this week is not going to make things grow again. 

Everything is still growing on the shoreline. Spring bulbs are coming up.  I haven't even come remotely come close to a freeze yet. The maples are just starting to change here. Everyone is still mowing around here and leaf cleanup is weeks away.

Screenshot-20211104-134027-Gallery.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, BrianW said:

Everything is still growing on the shoreline. Spring bulbs are coming up.  I haven't even come remotely come close to a freeze yet. The maples are just starting to change here. Everyone is still mowing around here and leaf cleanup is weeks away.

Screenshot-20211104-134027-Gallery.jpg

At first , I thought that was S Wey. Looks the same 

• Confused 1

21 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Worse than MD climo. 

I think western MD averages more snowfall than southeastern coastal CT, coastal RI. 

Probably elevation driven.

Eastern MD far less of course (Baltimore etc). 

Your doing the opposite of what I want to do, which is move to somewhere warmer where I can boat/outdoor activities throughout more of the year.

Love the Bethany/Fenwick area of Delaware.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nope . 32.0 for like an hour . This microclimate is fascinating to me . ORH same deal this past week 

I find microclimates quite fascinating as well.....20.7° for the low this morning and the lowest so far this season. The last 5 mornings: 28.0°, 22.6°, 22.5°, 21.2°, and 20.7°. The afternoon highs have averaged 54°.

6 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I find microclimates quite fascinating as well.....20.7° for the low this morning and the lowest so far this season. The last 5 mornings: 28.0°, 22.6°, 22.5°, 21.2°, and 20.7°. The afternoon highs have averaged 54°.

I spent 3 of those days in the 40’s for the high . I take that in cooler months 

25 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

I think western MD averages more snowfall than southeastern coastal CT, coastal RI. 

Probably elevation driven.

Eastern MD far less of course (Baltimore etc). 

Your doing the opposite of what I want to do, which is move to somewhere warmer where I can boat/outdoor activities throughout more of the year.

Love the Bethany/Fenwick area of Delaware.

Western MD, certainly. They average about 100" out there in some spots. Retention is bad, though. They get torched a lot.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Maybe the least extreme location on the subforum for temp changes?

You could probably chart all the hilltops in the region especially CNE and SNE where the elevation isn’t typically over 1800 many places and you’d find that theme. ORH is almost identical to here. Look at both our last four days of low temps and highs. Almost dead nuts on 

35 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Western MD, certainly. They average about 100" out there in some spots. Retention is bad, though. They get torched a lot.

If you go just a bit further south into Tucker County, average goes up to 150-160. Had a nice snow pack for essentially all of meteorological winter there last year.

1 minute ago, chris21 said:

If you go just a bit further south into Tucker County, average goes up to 150-160. Had a nice snow pack for essentially all of meteorological winter there last year.

Yeah, it seems like they had a decent winter there last season. That area can still get mega-torched, but I guess so can Randolph these days (Grinch storm).