Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,134
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    SCseminole
    Newest Member
    SCseminole
    Joined

November Discussion


40/70 Benchmark
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 11/28/2021 at 10:58 AM, dryslot said:

Even with the wind overnight we hit the low temp mark so far this season 15.4°F, After a + start for november on departures, We will end up normal.

Not common for your place to be less cold than mine - 17 was yesterday's low, also the season's lowest, though I expect near 10° tomorrow morning.  November will finish about +0.5°, without a single day with more than 7° departure.  That's more like July departures - never had a Novie without 10+ departure days, max AN is 22.9° on 11/11/02, tallest BN is Thanksgiving 2018 with -26.7°.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Not common for your place to be less cold than mine - 17 was yesterday's low, also the season's lowest, though I expect near 10° tomorrow morning.  November will finish about +0.5°, without a single day with more than 7° departure.  That's more like July departures - never had a Novie without 10+ departure days, max AN is 22.9° on 11/11/02, tallest BN is Thanksgiving 2018 with -26.7°.

-9 departure here last night, We will finish normal as well as GYX and PWM, AUG looks to still be above and remain there for NOV.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Not common for your place to be less cold than mine - 17 was yesterday's low, also the season's lowest, though I expect near 10° tomorrow morning.  November will finish about +0.5°, without a single day with more than 7° departure.  That's more like July departures - never had a Novie without 10+ departure days, max AN is 22.9° on 11/11/02, tallest BN is Thanksgiving 2018 with -26.7°.

 

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

-9 departure here last night, We will finish normal as well as GYX and PWM, AUG looks to still be above and remain there for NOV.

KMPV is sitting at +1.2° on the month

Link to comment
Share on other sites

UPS did not deliver a package to us today.  This was the reason:  "Delay: Emergency Situation or Severe Weather."

I shoveled and salt and sanded yesterday.  Our paved driveway was clear by sundown.  We are on a paved road which was clear when I left for work.

The severe weather must have been the half inch we received overnight.  I tried to use a shovel tonight but there wasn't enough so I used a push broom instead.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, klw said:

UPS did not deliver a package to us today.  This was the reason:  "Delay: Emergency Situation or Severe Weather."

I shoveled and salt and sanded yesterday.  Our paved driveway was clear by sundown.  We are on a paved road which was clear when I left for work.

The severe weather must have been the half inch we received overnight.  I tried to use a shovel tonight but there wasn't enough so I used a push broom instead.

No help, Staffing issues.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, klw said:

UPS did not deliver a package to us today.  This was the reason:  "Delay: Emergency Situation or Severe Weather."

I shoveled and salt and sanded yesterday.  Our paved driveway was clear by sundown.  We are on a paved road which was clear when I left for work.

The severe weather must have been the half inch we received overnight.  I tried to use a shovel tonight but there wasn't enough so I used a push broom instead.

UPS does that here too. They just toss the packages at the top of the driveway and then the plow guy buries ‘em. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well it looks like they delivered it a little while ago.  UPS is usually good with us so yesterday was a surprise especially as we had gotten a notice yesterday AM that it was out for delivery.  They used to always drive up to the house so when COVID lockdown happened we put a tub outside our garage to go contactless.  We also put one down by the mailbox for USPS to use because they have never driven to the house even with certified.  They would just give us a slip telling us to go to the town post office and then drive around with the package in the car so we couldn't even pick it up that day and sometimes not the next.  USPS has been great about the tub but UPS started using the roadside one even when the package wouldn't fit.  We would find packages sticking out of the container or in the ditch behind.  We had to hide the roadside container in a parking area-  USPS uses it still so that has been a win.

I don't blame them for not wanting to come up the driveway but it is in much better state than when we bought it.

 

Here is a shot from 2018:

2018-03-14 18.59.03 a.jpg

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

November stats:

Avg temp: 33.80   +0.47
Avg max:   43.03   +0.80    Mildest - 60 on the 9th
Avg min:    24.57    +0.14    Coldest - 11 on the 3oth

Precip:  2.92"  -1.34"     1.63" came on the 12th.
2021 to date:  35.48"   -8.81"      80% of average

Snow:  0.2" on the 26th.   Avg is 4.7"

Trivia note:  This November had midsummer-like variability.  Adding the absolute values of departures, 11/21 span was 7.07°.  November average is 15.17°, and only Jan/Feb are higher.  July is the least variable month with a span of 7.78°.  Thus November 2021 variability would've been BN in July.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...