Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

2 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

What movie is that Ginxy?

I don’t know but I remember my parents sent photos of them filming it.  Said it was a Hallmark movie.  They were right in the Woodstock green and some of the buildings around the green.  All fake snow piles and white on everything while the trees are deep green.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I don’t know but I remember my parents sent photos of them filming it.  Said it was a Hallmark movie.  They were right in the Woodstock green and some of the buildings around the green.  All fake snow piles and white on everything while the trees are deep green.

Must be this one, my wife watches that channel, Christmas year round.

Christmas Movies in CT | Visit CT (ctvisit.com)

• Like 1

I just researched and confirmed that National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation was filmed during the spring...I always suspected that because of the scene in the beginning when they were going to cut down the xmas tree. The snow was very deep in shaded areas back away from the highway, but melted near the highway....those large variations in snow depth are representative of spring, not December.

• Like 4
  • Weenie 2

26 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I just researched and confirmed that National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation was filmed during the spring...I always suspected that because of the scene in the beginning when they were going to cut down the xmas tree. The snow was very deep in shaded areas back away from the highway, but melted near the highway....those large variations in snow depth are representative of spring, not December.

Looking at the daytime scenes...that degree of solar irradiance is comensurate with at least April. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Only us Snow Weenie Nerds could notice this detail.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Did you know santa was really dad?   lol

• Confused 1