Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
November Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Reasonable line of thinking.  The law of averages favors anticipating a winter between the margins.  That’s how I go into it until proven otherwise.

Yea, it sounds like a cop out in some ways, but that is how I see it and I posted ample research as to why.

13 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Wanna know what really pisses me off...when they supposedly have a blizzard on a holiday movie that stands everyone together for Chistmas, then you see them walk out the next day to like 2" of crust. Blizzard my ass

How about the MANY holiday movies that show snow for weeks in the village while there are green leaves on many trees in the background? The lack of paying attention to details drives. me. bonkers. My wife insists that most "normal" people don't even pay attention to those things... :lol:

• Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Rat is climo for November.

Mid February is the line bro…..in this Sunday in November we’ve got a quarter of a year to not rat…..let’s do that…..of course I’m sure we’ll waste half of those weeks to rats….probably more…..I’m sorry….since 2010-11 I’m the worst 

Just now, ice1972 said:

Mid February is the line bro…..in this Sunday in November we’ve got a quarter of a year to not rat…..let’s do that…..of course I’m sure we’ll waste half of those weeks to rats….probably more…..I’m sorry….since 2010-11 I’m the worst 

Wasting half of weeks to rats means we only have 6.5 weeks to do damage….which we won’t 

2 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Everyone does....just like 2017, and we slammed a correct forecast down the consensus' throat then, too.

Ray, I know it probably was mentioned before, but if we see the niña become east based with -qbo even at 50mb, would we have a better chance at a colder winter later on? Did we have many winters in the past with east based niña and -qbo?

26 minutes ago, Mr. Kevin said:

Ray, I know it probably was mentioned before, but if we see the niña become east based with -qbo even at 50mb, would we have a better chance at a colder winter later on? Did we have many winters in the past with east based niña and -qbo?

It already went negative at 50mb during October. 

I included all of the -QBO La nina stuff in my outlook. We should see blocking reemerge later this season.